Mental Health Assistant - Wakari Hospital
Mental Health Assistant - Resource team
Salary Band - $48,000 - $65,000 p.a pro rata plus Kiwisaver
- Full-time role 40 hours per week
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts from our retail partners
Mō te tūranga - About the role
Joining this valuable team requires a positive attitude and the ability to communicate on multiple levels.
The role consists of a wide range of duties including but not limited to:
- assisting with patient movement
- assisting with rehabilitation
- assisting the Nurse team where required
- assisting with nutritional needs
- clerical duties as required
- stock reconciliation.
Mōu ake - About you
To be successful in joining our team you will have/be the following:
- Mental Health experience or a strong willingness to work in this field is preferred
- Whilst experience working with people in the health sector and/or experience in customer service is desirable
- Have a passion for supporting older people
- Be warm, empathetic, and responsive
- Be comfortable with using computers
Painga - Benefits
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Free on-site parking
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the PSA Collective Agreement and falls between step 1 and step 5 of the MHA scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Friday, 17 February 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Ben Kingsbury, Recruitment Advisor at email@example.com
All conversations will be confidential in nature.
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand - Southern , please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
|Location:||South Island - Otago - Dunedin|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Mental Health - Mental Health Clinical Team Member|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|