Registered Nurses - General Surgery
Salary Band - $64,000 - $83,000 p.a pro rata plus Kiwisaver
- Permanent Vacancy
- 0.8FTE, 32 hours a week
Mō te tūranga - About the role
Ward 4C is a 25-bed general surgical ward provides for both elective and acute surgical admissions, specialising in:
Strongly supported by a tight knit team under the careful direction of the Charge Nurse Manager, you will enjoy working in a unit that strives for excellence in clinical services and exemplifies the team-based model of care.
Mōu ake - About you
The successful applicant will need to have current surgical nursing experience, ideally in the specialities listed above, be able to demonstrate resilience, won't mind putting in some hard work and be open and willing to up-skill as required. Of course, you'll also be a confident communicator with a friendly demeanour and someone who values patient centred care. In return you'll gain great work experience in a multidisciplinary team and the opportunity to either showcase or develop your skills in a variety of surgical specialties.
- Current registration with the New Zealand Nursing Council and a current APC, with the right to work in New Zealand.
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
- Previous Surgical experience is essential
Painga - Benefits:
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui -Salary range
This role belongs to the expired NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between step 2 ($64,291 p.a) and step 7 ($83,186 p.a pro rata) of the RN scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Friday, 3 February 2023.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact Ben Kingsbury, Recruitment Advisor at email@example.com and (03) 470 9081
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/ All conversations will be confidential in nature.
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
|Location:||South Island - Otago - Dunedin|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Registered Nurse|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|