Medical Imaging Technologist
Radiology Service - Dunedin Hospital
Salary band - $57,565 to $81,338 per annum p.a pro rata, plus Kiwisaver, plus on-site employee gym
- Permanent, full-time opportunities available, 40 hours per week!
- Competitive salary, plus discounted health insurance, plus on site employee gym
- Supportive team, fast-paced environment, and lots of interesting cases!
Mō te tūranga - About the role
If you are looking for a new challenge in your career and are excited by the opportunity to provide quality service then look no further, we have opportunities for New Zealand Registered Medical Imagining Technologists to join our hard working but fun team in the Radiology Department at Dunedin Hospital!
- Fully equipped, providing DR, CR, PACS, general x-ray, emergency, theatre, ICU work, a Dual Source 128 slice CT scanner, DSA, NM, MRI and Ultrasound services
- Dynamic and varied work environment across the board, with the opportunity to work in multidisciplinary teams servicing a vast geographical service delivery area with a diverse patient population
- You will certainly be kept on your toes, with our service operating on a 24/7 basis with on-call rostering
- Enhance your professional development and a add to your skill set
Mōu ake - About you
To be successful in this position, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Experienced, approachable, and professional with a team-based approach
- A natural affinity for relationship building with both patients and staff alike
- Be a team player through and through, with refined communication skills
- Hold a current Annual Practicing Certificate and hold registration with the New Zealand Medical Radiations Technologists Board
- Highly adaptable, motivated and efficient
You must have the ability to cover both the on call and shift roster.
Painga - Benefits:
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the APEX/DHBs Medical Imaging Technologists Collective Agreement (1 November 2019 - 31 August 2022) and falls between Step 1 ($57,565 p.a) and Step 7 ($81,338 p.a pro rata) of the Medical Imaging Technologists scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Saturday, 22 October 2022.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact James Boyd, email James.Boyd@southerndhb.govt.nz.
All conversations will be confidential in nature.
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Te Whatu Ora Southern you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
|Location:||South Island - Otago - Dunedin|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Technical - Medical Radiation Technologist (MRT) / Radiographer|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|