Psychiatry House Officer Allocation
We have an exciting opportunity for a House Officer to join the Psychiatry team at Whangarei Hospital for a 3 month allocation starting 17 July 2023.
As a region, Te Tai Tokerau (Northland) is renowned for its beautiful beaches and relaxed lifestyle. Please look at some of what we offer; https://www.northlandnz.com/visit/ Te Tai Tokerau is a popular workplace, and we look for the best.
Whangarei Hospital is the largest hospital in Te Tai Tokerau, a largely rural region with many high health needs and interesting pathology. Providing secondary care services for the region, supported by three smaller regional hospitals, we are just the right size to offer access to highly experienced doctors and opportunities to be more hands-on and really make a difference and grow your skills.
Working closely with your consultant means you can widen your practice as your skills grow.
A career with Te Whatu Ora will see you action meaningful change in the region we love and your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North offers. You really can enjoy the best of both.
If you want to grow as a clinician, reinforce skills, or broaden your experience before progressing your training - you need to speak with us!
Suitable candidates must have the following:
- A minimum of 1-year post-graduate experience in the New Zealand health sector or a comparable health system.
- The ability to work in New Zealand
- Medical Council of New Zealand registration or ability to apply.
More information can be found here; https://www.northlanddhb.org.nz/working-with-us/resident-medical-officers/medical-council-and-immigration-process/
- A cover letter
- An up-to-date CV
- Three completed references on the attached national reference template form or RP6 form for international applicants
Te Whatu Ora is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua is the highest priority.
Our people live our Values:
- Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
- Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
- Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us and treat all with dignity and compassion
- Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
- Taumata teitei (hiranga) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation.
For further information, please email RMO.Unit@northlanddhb.org.nz or visit our website www.northlanddhb.org.nz
Vacancy No: PSY2023
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachments:|| RP6- International RMO Reference Form.pdf (PDF, 375KB)