Clinical Nurse Specialist - Hospital in the Home
New Whangarei Hospital in the Home (HiTH) Service
Looking for career progression, flexible hours with no night shifts?
Be part of an innovative new Hospital in the Home Service (HiTH)
About the Service
Hospital in The Home (HiTH) is a short time limited acute episode of hospital care that is delivered in a patient's preferred place of residence. It provides access to specialist acute care that is equivalent to a patient occupying an inpatient bed and includes access to hospital specialists, nursing, full multi-disciplinary team and to all diagnostic services and medications.
Working with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is about more than just a job. It's about enjoying coming to work every day, feeling challenged, trusted and supported, whilst enjoying living in a region that has a lifestyle unrivalled in New Zealand.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Clinical Nurse Specialists who will utilise their advanced clinical expertise to deliver Hospital in the Home (HiTH) care across a variety of settings, providing case coordination to enhance the patient journey and therefore improve outcomes for patient and their whanau. The position is permanent and based at Whangarei Hospital, rostered across 7 days of the week 0700-2230 and the best thing is flexible family friendly work hours and no night shifts.
In this role the Clinical Nurse Specialist will provide day-to-day leadership, coordination; coaching and mentorship to nursing colleagues and other members of the HiTH team. As this is a new service there will be a focus on the development of new resources to support patient care delivery and on quality initiatives that review and evaluate the service as it is developed.
There is an opportunity for this role to be a stepping stone for Nurses who are working towards, or are on a Nurse Practitioner pathway to be supported to become a Nurse Practitioner for Hospital in the Home care service.
The successful candidates will have:
- Previous New Zealand nursing experience in the acute care setting
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable (no task is too big or too small for you)
- Willing to contribute to the development of a new service and to help with the formation of a new team
- Experience working with patients from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Advanced practice skills and knowledge with relevant nursing competencies that demonstrate that.
- Proven leadership capabilities with mentoring and educating nurses
- Current full NZ drivers licence
- Current experience in New Zealand and be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
- Registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand (NCNZ) and a current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC)
- Postgraduate diploma in specialty nursing practice
- Ability to collaborate with fellow team members and work groups to achieve specific objectives.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with the patients/clients, treating them respectfully and as a first priority.
- Career development and progression is supported; work towards a Nurse Practitioner pathway
- Be the first to join a new and exciting service
- Flexible family friendly hours with no night shifts
To find out more, or for a confidential discussion about the position please contact Denise Murray, Clinical Nurse Manager Hospital in the Home (HiTH) Service by email:
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: NS23-515
Closes: 4 March 2024
|Permanent Full time
| NS23-515 - JD - Clinical Nurse Specialist HiTH.pdf (PDF, 757KB)