- Maternity Unit – Bay of Islands
- Permanent part time and full time available
Achieving the best health outcomes for Northland communities starts with expecting the best from ourselves. We ensure every member of our team has the opportunity to develop, grow and stay inspired. Here, you can make an impact on your community and on your own professional development – all whilst enjoying a flexible and healthy work-life balance.
Right now, we have exciting opportunities for Registered Midwives to join the team at the Bay of Islands Maternity Unit. This is a midwife-run, primary birthing unit based in Kawakawa.
We are focused on work/life balance and creating a roster that works for you so you can enjoy living in the beautiful Bay of Islands. Both full time - working 40 hours per week, and part time options are available.
About the role:
- Provide full scope of midwifery care to women/whanau across the service.
- Support LMC midwives accessing the unit.
- Provide maternity education, screening, and contraception
- Be supportive of breastfeeding and baby friendly environment
- Have the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team.
- Consumer focused and committed to ongoing professional development.
- Be committed to maintain clinical excellence and continuous quality improvement.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
- Midwifery Registration in NZwith a current APC
- Computer literate
- Relevant knowledge and clinical experience in midwifery/maternity
- Ability to work independently and be a part of a team
- A passion for helping people achieve their birth and health goals, such as smoking cessation and breastfeeding.
Experience in secondary or tertiary maternity care is desirable, but not essential, as we have a team of experienced educators to support you.
If this sounds like something of interest to you, we encourage you to apply! We also welcome enquires from new or recent graduates.
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action making meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: MW23-BOI
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:|| MW23-BOI - JD - Registered Midwife - BOI Hospital.pdf (PDF, 632KB)