General Practice Doctor with Special Interest in Addictions
Mental Health and Addictions Services (0.5 FTE)
Start your journey with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau - right now we have an opportunity for an exceptional General Practice Senior Medical Officer with a special interest in Addictions to work within a multi-disciplinary team engaging with people who present with Addictions issues and complex health needs.
Reporting to the Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau General Manager, Mental Health and Addictions Service, you will be based in Whangārei, providing services within Community addictions services.
The role will have a practice focus on:
- Responding to the physical health needs of people accessing the community addictions services ( AOD - alcohol and other drugs; Opioid Substitute Treatment and Te Ara Oranga ( reducing methamphetamine harm) as part of a multidisciplinary team undertaking assessments, formulating diagnoses and providing and reviewing treatment plans
- Working within a multi-disciplinary addictions team to provide the very best care for patients, their family and whānau
- Under taking section 65 assessments ( under the land transport act re fitness to drive) and supporting home detoxification protocols
You will be a trained General Practitioner with a strong interest in Mental Health and Addictions and a desire to develop your skills in this area. With a strong clinical background in assessing and treating people's physical health concerns you will have a holistic approach to peoples care and proven skills in working with a diverse range of providers and be comfortable working across our different areas.
The successful applicant will have:
- Appropriate vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ) and an active APC or be eligible to obtain such registration.
- Fellowship of Royal NZ College General Practitioners, or in training
- Minimum 3 years working experience in the healthcare sector, ideally with some exposure to mental health
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and education skills
- Experience and competence working within a multi-cultural community, with appreciation of Tikanga Māori
Te Whatu Ora is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
If you're looking for the opportunity to make your mark and action real change, working for New Zealand's largest employer, you'll find it here. Here, you get to make a tangible impact on your community, your team and your personal development, with an employer who is committed to supporting Māori health aspirations.
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tāngata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti kōrero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
To apply, please submit an online application below, if you require any assistance with the application process please contact SMO.Jobs@northlanddhb.org.nz referencing vacancy number: MD23-015
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachments:|| MD23-015 - JD v1 - GP with Special Interest - Alcohol and Drug Unit.pdf (PDF, 623KB)