Medical Laboratory Technician
Histology, Pathology Services (3.0 FTE)
Working with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is about more than just a job. It's about enjoying coming to work every day, feeling challenged, trusted and supported, whilst enjoying living in a region that has a lifestyle unrivalled in New Zealand.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
About the role:
Achieving the best health outcomes for our patients starts with expecting the best from ourselves, and right now Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is looking for exceptional Medical Laboratory Technicians to join our Pathology Services team at Whangarei Hospital.
The primary functions of this positions are:
- To assist in the receipt, documentation, registration, processing of all specimens, including those referred to other laboratories as required by authorised policies and protocols
- To perform other technical and operational duties normally expected of a Medical Laboratory Technician, such as those related to efficient and effective operations of pathology service.
We have 3 permanent full-time positions working 40 hours per week.
- Registered Medical Laboratory Technician with NZMSC
- Basic computer literacy
- Proven ability to rapidly learn new knowledge and skills
- A basic understanding of health/illness and prevention of infection
- Previous experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician in Histology
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- A Friendly and supportive team environment
- An interesting and wide variety of work to keep you engaged and motivated
- Opportunity to work in a brand new purpose built state of the art laboratory when completed in early 2024.
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH23-114/AH23-115/AH23-116
Closes: 15 June 2023
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:|| AH23-114 - JD v1 - Medical Laboratory Technician - Anatomical Pathology - Histology - AH23-115 - AH23-116.pdf (PDF, 657KB)