Medical Outpatients Department (2.0 FTE)
Working with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is about more than just a job. It's about enjoying coming to work every day, feeling challenged, trusted, and supported, whilst enjoying living in a region that has a lifestyle unrivalled in New Zealand.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
About the role
If you're looking for the right opportunity to create positive, healthy change, then we're looking for you. Right now, we have opportunities for two Cardiac Sonographers to join our Cardiology team in Te Tai Tokerau in permanent 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week positions.
The primary function of this position is:
- To perform high-quality, timely and appropriate echocardiograms
- To participate in a comprehensive, high quality, efficient Cardiac Echocardiography service for Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau. (This will include travel to peripheral hospitals).
- To be an autonomous practitioner capable of high-level and accurate reporting of Echo studies.
- Ideally to be capable of both adult and paediatric studies and to have experience in transoesophageal echocardiography and stress echocardiography.
- To participate in and lead the ongoing education and development of other members of the team
Key requirements to be successful
- A recognised/accredited academic qualification
- NZ recognised professional registration. Helpful Link: Medical Radiation Technologists Board www.mrtboard.org.nz
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a multidisciplinary team
- Willingness to travel
- Current driving license
- Excellent investment in staff education and development
- Immigration support provided
- Flexible working arrangements
- Relocation allowance available
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Be a part of a friendly and supportive team environment
- Working in the beautiful Northland provides the opportunity to enjoy a lifestyle unrivalled in New Zealand
Become part of a rapidly developing Cardiology service in a beautiful part of the country offering work, rest and play all in one package.
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH23-002
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:|| AH23-002 - V2. JD - Cardiac Sonographer May 23 Te Whatu Ora.pdf (PDF, 643KB)