Clinical Physiologist (Cardiac)
Medical Outpatients Department (2.0FTE)
Location – Whangarei, Northland - New Zealand
Embark your journey to the beautiful ‘winterless north' of New Zealand. Here is a perfect overseas experience opportunity that you were looking for!
Immerse your self in the Northland's rich culture & history. The region boasts a stunning natural environment that stretches from south-east of Mangawhai across to the Kaipara Harbour and all the way up to New Zealand's northernmost tip, Cape Rēinga.
Gain new skills, expand your contacts, broaden your worldview and make new friends, all while gaining valuable professional experience!
As the northernmost and warmest of New Zealand's 16 regions, Northland is known as the 'winterless North'. The low elevation and close proximity to the sea result in a mild, subtropical and rather windy climate. Our region is a combination of natural taonga such as golden beaches, secluded coves, breathtaking seascapes, ancient forests, and a rich tapestry of flora and fauna.
Click on this link to know more about the region https://www.northlandnz.com/visit/
Working with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is about more than just a job. It's about enjoying coming to work every day, feeling challenged, trusted and supported, whilst enjoying living in a region that has a lifestyle unrivalled in New Zealand.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
At Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau, you'll soon see the passion and pride Northlanders feel in their home. We're not just talking about living in one of New Zealand's most beautiful – and affordable – locations, but being a part of delivering healthcare that is unique to our region.
You can make an impact on your community and on your own professional development – all whilst enjoying a flexible and healthy work-life balance.
About the role
Achieving the best health outcomes for our patients starts with expecting the best from ourselves, and right now Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is looking for experienced and motivated Cardiac Physiologists to join our Medical Outpatient's Department at the Whangarei Hospital. This is for two full time, permanent positions working 40 hours per week.
The Clinical Physiologist (Cardiac) is an allied health, scientific and technical professional who has formally demonstrated an ability to apply expert clinical competence to a highly advanced level of complexity in a defined clinical area within the clinical physiology scope of practice.
This role will:
- Provide specialist Cardiology physiology practice with a particular focus on Pacing
- Participate in the growth and development of the Cardiology Service
- Provide clinical teaching and support to all relevant stakeholders, including patients and their whanau, students, staff and other health professionals
- Evaluate service requirements and participate in the implementation of clinical research and audits
- BSc in Clinical Physiology or equivalent
- Recognised Post Graduate Qualification (IBHRE)
- CPRB (and/or international equivalent) Registration with current practicing certificate
- Current Driver's License
- Willingness to travel
- Attractive salary range $90,534 - $94,266
- Excellent investment in staff education and development
- Immigration support provided
- Flexible working arrangements
- Relocation allowance available
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Be a part of a friendly and supportive team environment
- Working in the beautiful Northland provides the opportunity to enjoy a lifestyle unrivalled in New Zealand
Become part of a rapidly developing Cardiology service in a beautiful part of the country offering work, rest and play all in one package.
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH22-399
|Permanent Full time
| AH23-399 - JD - Clinical Physiologist (Cardiac) May 23.pdf (PDF, 630KB)