Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist (0.5 FTE)
Achieving the best health outcomes for Northland communities starts with expecting the best from ourselves. We ensure every member of our team has the opportunity to develop, grow and stay inspired. Here, you can make an impact on your community and on your own professional development – all whilst enjoying a flexible and healthy work-life balance.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
If you're looking for the right opportunity to create positive, healthy change, then we're looking for you. Right now, we have an opportunity for an Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist (AMS) to join us within the Whangarei Hospital in a permanent 0.5 FTE, 20 hours per week position. You would work alongside another 0.5 FTE Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist.
The primary function of this position is to support the Clinical Microbiology, Infectious Disease, Infection Prevention and Control and Pharmacy services to develop, implement and operationalise antimicrobial stewardship across Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau, with a focus on safe and appropriate use of antimicrobials and continuous improvement and innovation.
The base salary for this role is $87,999 - $94,266 (pro-rata).
Skills and experience required
- Post graduate qualification in a relevant clinical area (or equivalent pharmacy experience)
- Be the subject matter expert and provide clinical leadership in Infectious Diseases and Antimicrobial Stewardship including providing clinical advice, support and guidance
- 5 years' post-registration experience as a practicing Pharmacist
- Proven experience with diverse teams to achieve goals
- Ability to influence, lead, and educate staff members
- Experience in communicating and influencing diverse groups of people
Experience in change management & a high degree of IT literacy including use of Excel & databases is highly desirable.
Applicants must hold or be eligible to hold a current Annual Practising Certificate from the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand https://pharmacycouncil.org.nz/i-want-to-practise-in-new-zealand/
Applicants must submit a minimum of a cover letter and an up to date CV with your application.
- Ongoing training and support to help you succeed in this role
- Interesting and wide variety of work involved to keep you engaged and motivated
- Plenty of professional development opportunities
- Be a part of a dynamic and supportive team environment
- Relocation allowance may be available
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH22-366
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachments:|| AH22-366 - JD - Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist - Te Whatu Ora.pdf (PDF, 298KB)