Health/Clinical Psychologist (Renal, Cancer and Blood Services)
Working with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is about more than just a job. It's about enjoying coming to work every day, feeling challenged, trusted and supported, whilst enjoying living in a region that has a lifestyle unrivalled in New Zealand.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
Start your journey with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau - right now we are looking for an exceptional psychologist who has experience in working with individuals with chronic health conditions.
We have 2 psychologist positions available:
- Cancer and Blood Services (0.5 FTE - permanent)
- Renal (0.5 FTE - 12 month fixed term)
You can apply for both positions if you are available to work full time or one position if you would prefer part time 20 hours per week.
Based at Whangārei Hospital, the purpose of this role is to provide effective and efficient psychological services as part of a multi-disciplinary team. The role aims to assist clients to address psychological and emotional barriers and enable them to achieve optimum functioning and well-being.
- Registered with the NZ Psychologist Board (NZPB) with a current practicing certificate
- Comprehensive psychological assessment and treatment skills
- Clinical experience with working with individuals with chronic health conditions
- The ability to work with a wide variety of clients including those from various cultural/ethnic backgrounds
- Attractive Salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Interesting and wide variety of work involved to keep you engaged and motivated
- Plenty of professional development opportunities
- Be a part of a dynamic and supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hiranga) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH22-216 and AH22-308
|Location:||North Island - Northland - Whangarei|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Allied Health - Psychologist|
|Attachments:|| AH22-216 - JD - Psychologist - Cancer and Blood - Te Whatu Ora - Oct 2022.pdf (PDF, 313KB)
AH22-308 - JD - Psychologist - Renal - Te Whatu Ora - Aug 2022.pdf (PDF, 296KB)