Clinical Pharmacist - Whangarei Hospital
Permanent part-time and full-time positions available.
We've made Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau much more than just a place to come to work. Every day brings opportunities to leave things better than you found them. You can make an impact on your community and on your own professional development – all whilst enjoying a flexible and healthy work-life balance.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
Right now, we are looking for Pharmacists to join our team. This role will provide a comprehensive, effective and safe pharmaceutical service to patients and staff in Te Tai Tokerau, primarily based at Whangarei Hospital. Hours of work for these positions are up to 40 hours per week, with casual hours and short-term opportunities also considered.
- Medicine reconciliation, discharge support, chart reviews, therapeutic drug monitoring
- Attend allocated wards and departments to provide an individualised, comprehensive, clinical pharmacy service
- Ensure patients receive appropriate medication for safe and effective treatment
- Liaise with community pharmacies to ensure clear communication of medication requirements at transfers of care
- Provide medication information upon request according to medicine information standards
The salary range for this role is $73,037 - $99,420 ($35.10 - $47.80 per hour) for full time equivalent, dependent on experience.
- Individualised support provided for early career pharmacists, pharmacists returning to the profession and pharmacists with no previous hospital experience
- Funding for postgraduate and other qualifications
- Relocation allowance may be available
- Rotational ward based work with opportunities to develop your knowledge across a variety of clinical areas working amongst a supportive multi-disciplinary team
- Flexibility around FTE/ hours of work is supported
- Our service is committed to providing ongoing learning opportunities
If you already have a clinical specialty that you would love to share, or have an interest in something new then please contact us today to discuss these opportunities further!
Applicants must hold or be eligible to hold a current Annual Practising Certificate from the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand https://pharmacycouncil.org.nz/i-want-to-practise-in-new-zealand/
Applicants must submit a minimum of a cover letter and an up to date CV with your application.
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH22-189
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:|| AH22-189 - JD v3 - Clinical Pharmacist - Te Whatu Ora.pdf (PDF, 290KB)