Consultant General Physician - Nelson hospital
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough seeks an experienced General Physician with preferred sub-specialty in Renal to join the Department of Medicine
- Permanent position, 0.8FTE (64 hours a fortnight) to 1.0FTE (80 hours a fortnight)
- Be a part of a dynamic physician team
- 1:8+ on-call and call-back allowance
- Nelson Hospital, Nelson, New Zealand
mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
The successful applicant will:
- Deliver quality services to improve health of the population in Nelson.
- Participate in the general medicine acute roster with 4 hours average call-back a week.
- Practice varied and interesting medicine and work with a supportive multidisciplinary team.
- Teach and develop our junior medical workforce.
- Have an opportunity to engage with the wider clinical community in general medicine.
- Have an opportunity to achieve work/life balance and enjoy one of New Zealand - s most sought-after regions.
wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
The ideal applicant will:
- Bring their medical expertise and experience to an acute secondary care hospital and contribute to advanced care of the acute inpatients and outpatients in the region.
- Have preferred subspecialty interests and experience in renal, however all areas will be considered.
- Provide outpatient clinics.
- Hold Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians or equivalent.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate and vocational scope of Internal Medicine/Rural Hospital Medicine with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Fit into a cohesive hospital team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour and respect across disciplines.
Collegiality and collaboration across all disciplines and wider teams are key to our delivery of a successful service to our patients and our community. If this sounds like the sort of environment that you will thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical and Dental Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ. Meca | ASMS
In addition to your salary, you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation, and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
This is an incredible region of Aotearoa - New Zealand with a lovely climate boasting some of the highest annual sunshine hours year after year and is a wonderful place to work and enjoy life. The schools are excellent, and Nelson is well connected to the rest of New Zealand and the world via its centrally located and well served domestic airport terminal.
There are three national parks nearby providing ample opportunities for quality family-time and appreciation of nature - s wonders. The region is renowned for its breath-taking natural landscapes, with stunning geography capturing everything from unbelievably long golden beaches to rugged mountains and untouched forests.
These magnificent features offer endless opportunities for mountain biking, walking/hiking, water sports and skiing. The region is also well known for its caf culture, wineries, art, crafts, and relaxed lifestyle. To explore all these ingredients for a better work/life balance, please visit https://www.nelsontasman.nz/ and https://www.newzealand.com/nz/nelson-tasman/
mātou rōpū (About our team)
Te Whatu Ora, Nelson Marlborough is the main health provider for the region serving a population of approximately 150,000. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are the largest employer in the region. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect, and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on email@example.com or +64 3 546 1274.
specific information please contact:
-Pamela Hale - Clinical Director, Pamela.Hale@nmdhb.govt.nz, or
-Rosey Wilson - Service Manager Medicine, Rosey.Wilson@nmdhb.govt.nz
To apply please follow the link to complete our online application form. (Applications via email will not be considered.) https://nmdhb.careercentre.net.nz
Please note: All Te Whatu Ora staff are required to have completed primary course of NZ approved COVID-19 vaccinations as you will have direct contact with patients and members of the public.
Applications close: Open until filled.
Te Whatu Ora, Nelson Marlborough strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|