Consultant General Physician +/- a subspeciality
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough seeks an experienced General Physician to join the dynamic Department of Medicine
- Permanent position, 0.8FTE (64 hours a fortnight) to 1.0FTE (80 hours a fortnight)
- 1:8+ on-call and call-back allowance
- Onsite support by:
- SMO led Emergency Department
- 24hr General Medicine Registrar support
- Acute Cardiology team including interventional service
- 24/7 virtual telestroke
- Full subspecialty support from within Nelson or aligned Tertiary partners.
- Nelson Hospital, Nelson, New Zealand
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
The Nelson Marlborough region, located at the summit of the South Island in Aotearoa, New Zealand, is spectacular. It is a great place to live for both work and leisure. Nelson offers all the luxuries and attractions one would desire. It is well connected to the rest of New Zealand and the world via its centrally located and well served domestic airport terminal.
The schools are excellent. There are three national parks nearby providing ample opportunities for quality family-time and appreciation of nature - s wonders. The region is renowned for its breath-taking natural landscapes, with stunning geography capturing everything from unbelievably long golden beaches to rugged mountains and untouched forests. Nelson, where healthcare meets adventure, offers endless opportunities for mountain biking, walking/hiking, water sports and skiing. The region is also well known for its caf culture, wineries, art, crafts, and relaxed lifestyle. Visit the pages to uncover more about how to strike a better work-life balance in Nelson https://www.nelsontasman.nz/ and https://www.newzealand.com/nz/nelson-tasman/
Whatu Ora, Nelson Marlborough has approximately 3000 employees, providing
health services in the Nelson, Tasman, and Marlborough regions, serving almost
150,000 people. Facilities at Nelson Marlborough include four hospitals (Nelson,
Wairau, Alexander, and Murchison Hospitals), a district wide public health
service, and four community health Centre's located in Richmond, Marlborough,
Motueka, and Golden Bay. Our vision is for all people to live well, get well,
and stay well, and our mission is to work with the people of our community to
promote, encourage, and enable their health, well-being, and independence.
Respect, innovation, teamwork, and integrity represent our fundamental values.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical and Dental Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ. Meca | ASMS
In addition to your salary, you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation, and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
The successful applicant will:
- Practice varied and interesting medicine and work with a supportive multidisciplinary team.
- Deliver quality services to improve health of the population in Nelson.
- Participate in the general medicine acute roster with 4 hours average call-back a week.
- Teach and develop our growing junior medical workforce.
- Actively contribute to the critical design of our newly approved 225 clinical services block
- Have an opportunity to achieve work/life balance and enjoy one of New Zealand - s most sought-after regions.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
The ideal applicant will:
- Bring their general medical expertise and experience to an acute secondary care hospital and contribute to advanced care of the acute inpatients and outpatients in the region.
- Have preferred following subspecialty interests, however, all areas will be considered
- Stroke Medicine
- Hold Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians or equivalent.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate and vocational scope of Internal Medicine/Rural Hospital Medicine with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Work with others to promote a cohesive team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour, and respect across disciplines.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing medical education and professional development.
Collegiality and collaboration across all disciplines are keys to provide successful services to our patients and community. Should this be the type of environment in which you will thrive, we would like to hear from you!
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team SMO.Recruitment@nmdhb.govt.nz
For role specific information please contact:
-Pamela Hale - Clinical Director, Pamela.Hale@nmdhb.govt.nz, or
-Rosey Wilson - Service Manager Medicine, Rosey.Wilson@nmdhb.govt.nz
To apply please follow the link to complete our online application form https://nmdhb.careercentre.net.nz. Applications via email will not be considered.
Whilst it is no longer mandatory, for the health and safety of staff and patients, employees in this role are expected to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (primary course plus booster).
Applications close: Open until filled.
Te Whatu Ora strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|