Operational Business Support, Te Uru Arotau, Acute and Elective Specialist Services
MidCentral requires ALL its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including the first booster vaccination). We will not accept applications that do not meet this criteria.
Working closely with the Operations Executive, and the Programme Delivery, Lead Te Uru Arotau, Acute and Elective Specialist Services the primary function of this role is to lead the provision of service related contracts and procurement, providing advice and support, including planning, reporting in the implementation of contracts to ensure a robust and effective contract and procurement management environment that will assist MidCentral to consistently achieve “best value for money”.
The Operational Business Support will actively establish and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with providers and other agencies relevant to the directorate's population groups/pathways. Undertake and deliver reporting at Directorate, organisation and regional level as required whilst applying best practice performance management frameworks to monitor and evaluate services for the Directorate, ensuring that standards and provider commitments are met and the best outcomes are achieved.'
- Ability to write complex reports and business cases
- Ability to access and analyse varied and complex data and information from multiple and diverse sources, making sound, evidence-based judgements
- Demonstrate awareness of equity issues across the sector including, but not limited to Māori Health
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the function of the Directorate and their challenges
- Identify business and service improvements
- Implement approved improvements
- Relationship management
- Provide support for the Operations team
- Apply health and safety practices
- Understand and apply knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
What you'll bring
- Possess a relevant clinical or health management tertiary qualification or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience and demonstrated capability in senior leadership roles
- Strong commercial acumen and proven ability to manage finances successfully
- Experience working in a diverse service environment
- Strong ability to influence, analyse and problem solve with a strategic outlook
- A solution-focussed approach
- Experience with report and business case writing, including preparation and presentation
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management and prioritisation skills
Here at MidCentral we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
We are a pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
Our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our patients and our people. We have strict Health & Safety measures to keep our people safe.
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:|| Operational-Business-Support-AESS.pdf (PDF, 377KB)
Print Job Email Job