Registered Health Professional, Mental Health & Addictions, Tararua
Health NZ – MidCentral District (previously MidCentral District Health Board) provides healthcare services to over 180,000 people across the Manawatu, Horowhenua and Tararua regions. With a large hospital campus at Palmerston North, the health care provider also provides key health care and support services to neighbouring communities.
MidCentral requires ALL its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including the first booster vaccination). We will not accept applications that do not meet this criteria.
Health NZ – MidCentral District actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
Te Uru Rauhi, Mental Health and Addiction Services at MidCentral have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Registered Health Professional for our Tararua Community Mental Health and Addictions Service.
Mental Health and Addiction services are moving towards a wellness and recovery-focused approach that encourages interconnectedness socially, spiritually, physically and environmentally and encompasses the aspirations to achieve ‘WAIORA' flourishing individuals, whānau, and communities. This new service model delivery approach will support the achievement of whānau whaiora. The Registered Health Professional will report to the Tararua Locality Service Manager, this role will be pivotal in ensuring in the delivery of safe, efficient, and comprehensive contemporary high quality, person and whānau centred clinical services.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an experienced mental health and addiction practitioner who can demonstrate an understanding of delivering a person and whānau first service delivery model
- Enhance Maori, community partners and network relationships along with excellent clinical leadership knowledge and attributes to facilitate the development of whānau ora by working towards eliminating the barriers faced by the person and their whānau as they move through the continuum of care
- Have excellent communication skills, including the ability to develop, maintain and enhance their relationships with stakeholders
- Role model diverse leadership and has strengths in influencing and relationship building in a way that encourages strength, diversity and kotahitanga (unity) within the team
- Registration in either Nursing, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or be a Registered Alcohol and Drug Practitioner.
The successful candidate will be offered the ability to contribute to the vision of providing Te Mātāpuna o te Ora – connected care for Mental Health and Addiction Services for whānau to ensure flourishing resilient hapori/communities and have the opportunity to join an organisation that is committed and focused on contributing to equity of health outcomes.
We are looking for a candidate who is excited by change, who is committed to ensuring quality culturally responsive care that will influence the way in which we lead transformational service design and delivery.
For more information or an informal visit, please contact:
Jacqui Hori – Tararua Locality Service Manager
Mobile: 027 562 2601
|Location:||North Island - Manawatu / Whanganui - Dannevirke|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Mental Health - Social Worker|
|Attachments:|| Reg-Health-Prof-MH-Tararua-SW.pdf (PDF, 477KB)