Clinical Cardiac Physiologist
MidCentral is seeking an experienced Cardiac Physiologist to join our busy team. The successful applicant will be able to work independently in a busy mixed Cardiac Device Follow up clinic. They should be familiar with all aspects of a busy pacing service, including acute presentations. They should have experience assisting in the implantation of Cardiac devices. You will ideally have a relevant qualification such as the IBHRE qualification. The successful candidate will also need to be experienced in non- invasive diagnostic tests including, ECG, Exercise tests, Holter/Event/BP monitor fitting and reporting.
With the opening of a brand new Cath lab at Palmerston north hospital by the end of 2023 the successful candidate will also need experience working in a cardiac cath lab. Experience assisting with cardiac angiography, L+R heart studies, IVUS, PCI, OCT, FFR, iFR, CO, Valve area would be ideal.
You may also be required at times to assist in other cardiac Procedures as required.
This role will also include a rostered on-call component. Travelling into the community at times will also be required.
About Cardiology and our Team
The Cardiac Physiology team is made up of 5 Cardiac Physiologists, an ECG technician and 3 Cardiac Sonographers. The Clinical Cardiac Physiologist role works as part of a multidisciplinary team which includes other Allied health professionals, Nurses, Doctors, Administrators and other support staff to provide a high-quality service to our population.
The cardiology service also provides CT Cardiac Angiography, Cardiac MRI and Sesta Mibi scanning.
Our ideal candidate will have these essential skills/requirements:
- Relevant Clinical Cardiac Physiology work experience
- Previous experience in Cardiac Devices Holter monitoring and Exercise Stress Testing
- Hold the ASCT or CCP and Mtex qualification or equivalent
- Be Registered with CPRB as a Clinical Physiologist with Cardiac Scope of practise and maintains APC.
- International Board of Heart Rhythm examiners (IBHRE) Devices qualification
- Able to provide training of other staff both locally and from the region.
- Proven computer and keyboard skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great communication skills
- The ability to cope with busy workloads
- Ability to work as part of an on-call roster
Come and join us
Employing over 2500 people, MidCentral offers a supportive work environment that accepts and values all employees. We actively seek Māori kaimahi into our workforce and provide an environment which delivers our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
MidCentral region offers an excellent lifestyle for families with scenic spots for hiking and mountain-biking, great schools and tertiary institutions. With the mountains, city and sea at your doorstep, you'll get to taste the best of both worlds – the perfect blend of rural and city living.
• An encouraging learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
• A professional and supportive culture and team setting
• Fulfilling and challenging work with great lifestyle options
• Tailored wellness programmes
How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (by submitting your cover letter and CV), please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career portal.
For more information – Please contact Maree Loynes, Recruitment Specialist (Allied Health) on 0273841708 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible so may withdraw the advert if the perfect candidate is found before the expiry date.
We strive to be a place where people love to work and learn. We aim to develop a diverse team that reflects the communities that we serve and we welcome people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, socio-economic situations and accessibility needs. MidCentral actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
Some positions are defined as a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act and require full safety checks completed before employment commences.
The salary for this position is between $53,335 and $113,282 per year based on full time work
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:|| Clinical-Cardiac-Physiologist.pdf (PDF, 437KB)