Occupational Therapy - STAR 2
Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua MidCentral (MidCentral) is part of Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand and provides healthcare services to over 180,000 people across the Manawatū, Horowhenua and Tararua regions. With a large hospital campus in Palmerston North, it also provides key health care and support services to neighbouring communities.
We have vacancies for Occupational Therapist's to join the Occupational Therapy Department in Palmerston North on a permanent full time and part time basis.
These roles are based in the rehabilitation service providing quality occupational therapy assessment and interventions to clients in a rehabilitation ward (STAR 2).
What are we looking for?
• Enthusiastic, energetic, resilient, with a ‘can do' attitude individuals
• Experience and ability to work effectively in a team, utilising individual, and professional skills.
• Strong desire to help clients and whānau achieve their goals
• Effective written, oral and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and cultures.
• New Zealand registered Occupational Therapist, with a current APC
• A full, current, driver's licence– essential
Come and join us
Employing over 2500 people, MidCentral offers a supportive work environment that accepts and values all employees. We actively seek Māori kaimahi into our workforce and provide an environment which delivers our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
MidCentral region offers an excellent lifestyle for families with scenic spots for hiking and mountain-biking, great schools and tertiary institutions. With the mountains, city and sea at your doorstep, you'll get to taste the best of both worlds – the perfect blend of rural and city living.
• An encouraging learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
• A professional and supportive culture and team setting
• Fulfilling and challenging work with great lifestyle options
• Tailored wellness programmes
How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (by submitting your cover letter and CV), please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career portal.
For more information – Please contact Maree Loynes, Recruitment Specialist (Allied Health) on 0273841708 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible so may withdraw the advert if the perfect candidate is found before the expiry date.
We strive to be a place where people love to work and learn. We aim to develop a diverse team that reflects the communities that we serve and we welcome people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, socio-economic situations and accessibility needs. MidCentral actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
MidCentral requires ALL employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including the first booster vaccination). We will not accept applications that do not meet this criteria.
Some positions are defined as a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act and require full safety checks completed before employment commences.
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|