Speech-Language Therapist, Child Development Service
Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua - MidCentral (MidCentral) is part of Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, and provides healthcare services to over 180,000 people across the Manawatū, Horowhenua and Tararua regions. With a large hospital campus in Palmerston North, it also provides key health care and support services to neighbouring communities.
MidCentral Child Development Service is seeking a dynamic and experienced Speech-Language Therapist to provide services to children/tamariki with disabilities and their family/whānau. The successful candidate will join a well-established multi-disciplinary team who work collaboratively with the diverse community they serve.
Our service is based at the Palmerston North Hospital with assessment and therapy activities taking place primarily in the community but also in inpatient settings as appropriate.
Please note - as this is an open position, applications will be reviewed as they are received.
We invite applications from Speech-Language Therapists who are:
• Strong in their professional knowledge and have the skills to effectively utilise knowledge for the benefit of the community we work with
• Able to build effective relationships with tamariki, whānau, other professionals, and agencies
• Adaptable, responsive, and innovative in their practice
• Able to move easily between working independently and as part of a team
• Experienced in working with infants and children who experience a range of feeding and swallowing difficulties
• A member of NZSTA and have a current practicing certificate
• Have a driver's licence as travel around our beautiful region/rohe will be part of your working day
Come and join us
Employing over 2500 people, MidCentral offers a supportive work environment that accepts and values all employees. We actively seek Māori kaimahi/staff into our workforce and provide an environment which delivers our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The MidCentral region offers an excellent lifestyle for families with scenic spots for hiking and mountain-biking, great schools, and tertiary institutions. With the mountains, city and sea at your doorstep, you'll get to taste the best of both worlds – the perfect blend of rural and city living.
• An encouraging learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
• A professional and supportive culture and team setting
• Fulfilling and challenging work with great lifestyle options
• Tailored wellness programmes
How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (by submitting your cover letter and CV), please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career portal.
For more information – Please contact Maree Loynes, Recruitment Specialist (Allied Health) on 0273841708 or Email email@example.com
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible so may withdraw the advert if the perfect candidate is found before the expiry date.
We strive to be a place where people love to work and learn. We aim to develop a diverse team that reflects the communities that we serve and welcome people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, socio-economic situations, and accessibility needs. MidCentral actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
MidCentral requires ALL employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including the first booster vaccination). We will not accept applications that do not meet this criteria.
Some positions are defined as a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act and require full safety checks to be completed before employment commences.
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|