Consultant Anaesthetist - Start December 2023
Te Whatu Ora – Whanganui, based at the Whanganui Hospital, our anaesthetic department supports the people of the Whanganui rohe/region servicing a population of approx. 65,000 people.
Our primary aim is to ensure the people in our community get the services they need to help them be as healthy and independent as possible.
The Whanganui region offers the opportunity to explore the natural beauty of New Zealand's North Island. Whether you are into water sports, cycling or mountain activities, you will have all of these at your doorstep. As one of the oldest settled towns in New Zealand, Whanganui also boasts a thriving culture and arts scene, including the Royal Opera House. Additionally, you are still close enough to Wellington or Auckland for a quick visit, but you won't miss the congestion or the cost of living.
To learn more about living in Whanganui and working for Te Whatu Ora – Whanganui, please click here.
Mō te tūranga – About the role
Te Whatu Ora Whanganui is seeking applications from a suitably qualified and competent Consultant Anaesthetist to join our team of 9 Consultants, starting December 2023.
- This is a full time, permanent role
- You will have 7 clinical sessions per week and non-clinical time
- Clinical work will encompass anaesthesia for a wide range of surgical specialties, preoperative assessment of patients, involvement in acute post - operative pain management, managing ventilated patients in ICU and participation in an on-call roster
- There is a limited amount of paediatric anaesthesia, mainly for ENT and dental
You will be supporting our Registrars and Resident Medical Officers and will serve as a mentor for these junior doctors.
Painga - What's in it for you
In addition to joining a highly skilled and dedicated team in a picturesque part of the North Island, you will receive an attractive remuneration package plus 6% Super! You will also enjoy a range of additional benefits and allowances, including:
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, including financial support of up to $16,000 per year for continuing medical training
- Six weeks annual leave and 10 days Continue Education Leave
- Relocation assistance to ensure a smooth transition for you
- Opportunities to mentor and develop more junior doctors
- The relaxed lifestyle living in a picturesque region the location provides
You will be joining an organisation that genuinely cares about its people and has created systems to ensure patient workload is manageable and that staff enjoy an exceptional work-life balance.
Mōu ake – About you
Applicants should be Fellows of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists or have an equivalent overseas specialist qualification and be eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, allowing you to effectively interact with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. Strong teamwork skills will enable you to work effectively with your team and other departments.
Sound like you? APPLY NOW!
|Location:||North Island - Manawatu / Whanganui - Whanganui|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Senior Medical Officers, Medical Officers and Fellows - Anaesthesia|
|Attachments:|| Consultant Anaesthetist 20.01.20.pdf (PDF, 647KB)
About Te Whatu Ora - Whanganui 2022.pdf (PDF, 192KB)