Te Whatu Ora - Whanganui
Permanent, full time or part time options negotiable
Whanganui DHB is committed to increase the diversity of our workforce, and actively focus on employing and building a sustainable Māori workforce which supports our pro-equity commitment.
Ngā Uarātanga | Our Values
· Aroha - The value of love, respect and empathy, demonstrating compassionate and non-judgemental relationships.
· Kōtahitanga - The value of unity and vision sharing where we demonstrate trust and collaboration.
· Manaakitanga - The value of respect, support and caring where we demonstrate doing our very best for others.
· Tino Rangatiratanga - The value of self-determination where we empower individual/whānau choice.
Ko te kaupapa | About the role
We are seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic NZ registered sonographer with a least 5 years experiance to who can demonstrate high quality imaging ability alongside great interpersonal skills.
As the leader of the sonography team,
- You will be working alongside other senior clinical leaders and management while creating a wonderful workplace environment for your team of sonographers.
- Quality will be behind everything you do, from capturing images to creating concise documentation.
- You will have a proven track record of delivering consistent, high-quality imaging and completing your work to a very high standard.
- Clear communication with your team will be critical to our shared success.
- You will be a problem-solver and have a willingness to make confident decisions when required. Demonstrating senior leadership skills and people management ability
Previous charge or management experience including performance management, quality management would be an advantage but we are happy to talk to candidates who want to make the jump into a senior role.
Whanganui Hospital Raiology is a small busy department offering a range of imaging modalities. We have with three ultrasound rooms all with Philips EPIQ's, providing an acute inpatient service as well as an outpatient and community service. We perform a wide range of examinations with often with challenging and interesting pathology.
The Whanganui region is experiencing significant growth, being closely located to larger centres but maintaining a strong community approach. It is located on the Whanganui river, close to both sea and mountains, offering wonderful outdoor lifestyle opportunties. It also houses a strong artistic community. Housing remains affordable compared to many of the larger cities, yet still boasts educational institutions with international reputation.
Applicants will require qualifications that are reconised by the New Zealand Medical Radiation Technologists Board and hold a current Annual Practicing Certificate.
Ko wai mātou | Who are we
Our vision is He Hāpori Ora - Thriving Communities, with our mission being 'to improve health and independence through a responsive and integrated health system'. We ensure health care places people and their whānau at the centre of everything we do with and for them. We support and empower individuals and whānau to determine their own wellbeing and are committed to working in authentic partnership with other health care providers, iwi, government, social and community agencies to build strong, resilient, connected people and whānau.
Whanganui is a great little progressive city with a friendly chilled vibe. Great café culture, schools and sporting opportunities with some of the best all year-round weather in the country. The rugged west coast beaches on your doorstep allow for all year surfing, fishing or just walking for miles. Skiing and hiking on mount Ruapehu just an hour up the road, Whanganui has all your bases covered for a family friendly lifestyle.
Whanganui's reputation for having some of the best value-for-money housing in New Zealand is another big-plus for many people settling in the city. With most suburbs only 15 minutes from the central business district or Whanganui Hospital residents don't have to compromise on location to make the most of their leisure time or afford a better property.
Check out www.discoverwhanganui.nz/visit/ to see what your new home could look like.
Me pēhea te tono | How to apply
If you would like to consider becoming part of our community, please feel free to contact Lisa Sicely, Clinical Manager Radiology via Lisa.email@example.com
Please click, APPLY NOW to apply for this role, please include a CV and cover letter and review your application to ensure all of your attachments have been succesfully uploaded.
Rā Katinga | Applications close
Applications close: 31 Dec 2023
This job closes on 31 Dec 2023. However, since we would like our preferred candidate to commence employment as early as possible, we may close this vacancy earlier if we found a suitable candidate for this position. Therefore, please do not wait until the closing date to apply for this role.
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:|| Charge Sonographer April 23.pdf (PDF, 384KB)