Clinical Manager Social Work
Clinical Manager Social Work
Allied Health - Primary and Community
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand Whanganui
Permanent, full time (40 hours per week)
Te Whatu Ora is committed to increase the diversity of our workforce, and actively focus on employing and building a sustainable Māori workforce which supports our pro-equity commitment.
Ngā Uarātanga | Our Values
· Aroha - The value of love, respect and empathy, demonstrating compassionate and non-judgemental relationships.
· Kōtahitanga - The value of unity and vision sharing where we demonstrate trust and collaboration.
· Manaakitanga - The value of respect, support and caring where we demonstrate doing our very best for others.
· Tino Rangatiratanga - The value of self-determination where we empower individual/whānau choice.
Ko te kaupapa | About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior social worker to lead operational management of our social work team and professional practice of social work staff across the organisation.
You will represent, empower and facilitate development of social workers within the organisation across all service delivery groups.
This role will report to the Associate Director of Allied Health Scientific and Technical (ADAHST) in the Primary and Community services team.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
Our ideal candidate will have:
· Registration as a Social Worker with the Social Workers Registration Board or NZ and a current New Zealand Practicing Certificate.
· Minimum three years' experience in general health sector environment and two years in a relevant leadership role and demonstrated leadership qualities.
· Working knowledge of operational management procedures.
· Commitment to the Te Tiriti o Waitangi/Treaty of Waitangi and Whānau Ora principles.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i Te Whatu Ora | Working at Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand
· Supportive team environment
· Professional Supervision
· We provide regular in-services and opportunities for funded external courses to enhance your Continued Professional Development
Ko wai mātou | Who are we
Our vision is He Hāpori Ora - Thriving Communities, with our mission being 'to improve health and independence through a responsive and integrated health system'. We ensure health care places people and their whānau at the centre of everything we do with and for them. We support and empower individuals and whānau to determine their own wellbeing and are committed to working in authentic partnership with other health care providers, iwi, government, social and community agencies to build strong, resilient, connected people and whānau.
Whanganui is a great little progressive city with a friendly chilled vibe. Great café culture, schools and sporting opportunities with some of the best all year-round weather in the country. The rugged west coast beaches on your doorstep allow for all year surfing, fishing or just walking for miles. Skiing and hiking on mount Ruapehu just an hour up the road, Whanganui has all your bases covered for a family friendly lifestyle.
Whanganui's reputation for having some of the best value-for-money housing in New Zealand is another big-plus for many people settling in the city. With most suburbs only 15 minutes from the central business district or Whanganui Hospital residents don't have to compromise on location to make the most of their leisure time or afford a better property.
Check out www.discoverwhanganui.nz/visit/ to see what your new home could look like.
Me pēhea te tono | How to apply
For further information regarding the role, please contact Kirstin Glasgow, Associate Director of Allied Health Scientific and Technical Services (acting) at Te Whatu Ora Whanganui: 021 350 461 email@example.com
Please ensure you correctly upload your CV and any other supporting documentation to your application.
Rā Katinga | Applications close
Applications close: 14 June 2023
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Whanganui expects all new staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before they commence employment.
This job closes on 14 June 2023. However, since we would like our preferred candidate to commence employment as early as possible, we may close this vacancy earlier if we found a suitable candidate for this position. Therefore, please do not wait until the closing date to apply for this role.
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:|| Clinical Mananger Social Work position description.pdf (PDF, 521KB)