Project Management Office
Fixed term (12 months), full time (40 hours per week)
Are you an IIBA certified Business Analyst or well versed with BABOK? Want to leave the rat race of the big city? Have a passion for making a difference to the health outcomes of New Zealanders? This is your opportunity to join the highly skilled Project Management Office team at Whanganui Hospital, as a Business Analyst.
We are searching for an experienced and motivated BA to join us on a fixed term basis for a period of 12 months.
About the role:
This position works principally to provide the Project Management Office (PMO) team and wider Te Whatu Ora Whanganui stakeholder community with analysis and monitoring of business requirements.
As a business analyst, you will seek out opportunities to improve efficiency and productivity of the business, and will work with other team members to implement identified solutions. You will work to investigate and define business problems, and once the issue is clearly understood, you will outline detailed requirements for a solution, ensuring that the delivered solution will meet the needs of the business.
This role is primarily accountable for:
· Developing effective relationships with the PMO and wider Te Whatu Ora Whanganui stakeholders to understand their business requirements and priorities, and identify ways to improve processes, monitoring, discover issues, and deliver better value to the business.
· Defining and documenting business analysis requirements, configuration specifications, reporting and alerting requirements, and ensuring required outcomes are focused.
· Development of business cases.
· Working with stakeholders to optimise and enhance system integrations.
· Reporting on common sources of technical issues or questions, and making recommendations to product or support groups.
· Communicating key user insights and findings to project teams or relevant stakeholder groups across the organisation.
· Clearly translating and communicating relevant technical aspects to business users and stakeholders.
In this role you'll be collaborating with our PMO, Digital, Data, Clinical and Business teams to deliver high quality solutions that result in the improvement of the health outcomes of the people of the region and NZ.
You will be responsible for eliciting and documenting requirements, delivering solution/problem analysis and recommendations, and providing advice and support to our project team members and wider hospital stakeholders.
This is a business and hospital staff facing role, and you will need to be confident speaking with senior stakeholders across the hospital. You are the type of person who takes pride in the work that you deliver and will have a passion for working with people to achieve great outcomes.
· A real passion for business analysis and working to improve efficiency and productivity of the business.
· You'll excel at building relationships, eliciting, analysing, specifying and validating the business needs and requirements of our stakeholders.
· You will be highly organised, motivated and passionate person who is willing to tackle demanding tasks and take ownership.
· You'll provide advice and support to our project team and work with them to ensure they have the information they require.
· You'll be confident making suggestions and pushing back where required.
· You'll be flexible and willing to work with stakeholders at short notice.
· You'll have a genuine human-centred approach, with a desire to make a difference.
· You have friendly, positive 'can-do' approach but can be firm when the need arises.
· You'll have an eye for anticipating stakeholder needs, spotting opportunities and delivering value to our patients.
· With your natural people skills, you'll be able to adapt your approach to different team members and stakeholders.
· You'll enjoy working and delivering as part of a team, as well as helping others to deliver their best.
· You'll quickly learn new systems and processes, identify opportunities for improvement and enjoy assisting in developing and implementing appropriate change.
Skills and Experience:
· Business Analyst experience (3+ years)
· An IT or business tertiary qualification in a relevant field.
· Experienced in developing functional and non-functional business requirements, use cases, and solution specifications documents.
· Experience in developing business cases.
· Experienced in facilitating design and requirements workshops with stakeholders.
· Digital Services Project Management experience (an advantage)
· Experience in the Health Industry (preferred)
· ITIL/BABOK/IIBA qualification
For more information, please contact Kim Craddock, Recruitment Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org or (06) 348 8911
Vacancy number: 02-BUSP-5840
Applications close: 28 March 2023
‘Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible and before the closing date - Whanganui Hospital will review applications received and interview suitable candidates following application. This vacancy will potentially close earlier than indicated if a suitable candidate has been identified'
|Location:||North Island - Manawatu / Whanganui - Whanganui|
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Expertise:||Non-clinical - Analysts - Analysts|
|Attachments:|| 27022023 Business Analyst - PD - FINAL (1).pdf (PDF, 533KB)