Business Analyst - Digital Services
Data and Digital Services
Fixed Term 24 months, 40 hours/week
Te Whatu Ora vaccination policy
As one of Aotearoa's largest employers of the health and disability workforce and a leader across the sector, Te Whatu Ora has and continues to have an obligation to ensure both the safety and wellbeing of its staff and patients.
Te Whatu Ora has an expectation that all new staff will be up to date with their vaccinations before they join Te Whatu Ora.
Are you an IIBA certified Business Analyst or well versed with BABOK? Want to leave the rat race of the big city? Have a passion for making a difference to the health outcomes of New Zealanders? This is your opportunity to join the team of highly motivated ICT professionals in the Digital Services team at Whanganui Hospital as a Business Analyst.
The Whanganui Hospital's Digital Services team offers well-defined career paths, ongoing education, personal development and super work life balance. We are searching for an experienced and motivated BA to join us on a 24 month fixed term full-time basis.
About the role:
At Digital Services no two days are the same. Whether you are helping bring about meaningful change to the way we deliver our service to the business, or identifying opportunities to keep our community safe, every day brings the opportunity to contribute to projects that make a positive difference.
This role is primarily accountable for:
- Developing effective relationships with the Whanganui Hospital stakeholder community to understand their business requirements and priorities, and identify ways to improve monitoring, discover issues, and deliver better value to the customer.
- Defining and documenting configuration specifications, business analysis requirements, reporting and alerting requirements, ensuring they have customer outcomes focused.
- Owning and developing relationships with partners, working with them to optimize and enhance system integrations.
- Helping design, documentation and maintaining system procedures and business process information.
- Reporting on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to product or support groups.
- Communicating key user insights and findings to Digital Services groups or project teams.
- Analysis of current state, recommendations for future state.
- Clearly translating and communicating Digital Services technical aspects to business users and stakeholders.
You are an ICT professional with an in-depth understanding of how technology can help us, and our clients achieve our goals. In this role you'll be collaborating with our Digital, Data, Clinical, Project management, and Business teams to deliver high quality solutions that result in the improvement of the health outcomes of the people of the region and NZ.
You will be responsible for eliciting and documenting requirements, delivering solution/problem analysis and recommendations, and be the voice of our non-technical hospital teams with Digital project teams.
This is a business and hospital staff facing role, and you will need to be confident speaking with senior stakeholders across the hospital. You are the type of person who takes pride in the work that you deliver and will have a passion for working with people to achieve great outcomes. You have:
- A real passion for all things digital/ICT and thrive on a challenge.
- You'll excel at building relationships, eliciting, analysing, specifying and validating the business needs and requirements of project or domain stakeholders.
- You are a highly organised, motivated and passionate person who is willing to tackle demanding tasks and take ownership.
- You'll identify scope creep and support the team in managing a backlog of work.
- You'll be confident making suggestions and pushing back where required.
- Be able to deal with ambiguity.
- Have a genuine human-centred approach, with a desire to make a difference.
- You have friendly, positive 'can-do' approach but can be firm when the need arises.
- You'll have an eye for anticipating stakeholder needs, spotting opportunities and delivering value to our patients.
- With your natural people skills, you'll be able to adapt your approach to different team members and stakeholders.
- You enjoy working and delivering as part of a team, as well as helping others to deliver their best.
- You can quickly learn new systems and processes, identify opportunities for improvement and enjoy assisting in developing and implementing appropriate change.
Skills and Experience:
- Business Analyst experience (3+ years)
- An IT or business tertiary qualification in a relevant field.
- Experienced in Digital Services change and release practices in a large organisation.
- Understands SDLC and release management concepts.
- Experienced in developing functional and non-functional business requirements, use cases, and solution specifications documents.
- Experience in developing business cases.
- Experienced in facilitating design and requirements workshops with stakeholders.
- Digital Services Project Management experience (an advantage)
- Experience in the Health Industry (preferred)
- ITIL/BABOK/IIBA qualification
A 24 month fixed term, full-time role, 40hrs per week with the possibility of some working from home / remote work as part of a dedicated and professional team.
Candidates must hold the legal right o work in NZ and preferably be situated in NZ currently.
For more information, please contact Julie Whyte, Recruitment Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org or (06) 348 8911 or apply online at www.wdhb.org.nz/work-for-us
Applications close: 16 February 2023
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible and before the closing date - Whanganui Hospital will review applications received and interview suitable candidates following application. This vacancy will potentially close earlier than indicated if a suitable candidate has been identified
|Location:||North Island - Manawatu / Whanganui - Whanganui|
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Expertise:||Non-clinical - Analysts - Analysts|
|Attachments:|| About Whanganui District Health Board.pdf (PDF, 178KB)
Business Analyst PD.pdf (PDF, 456KB)