Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) - Emergency Mental Health
MidCentral DHB requires ALL its employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. To comply with the current Health Order, applicants must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
MidCentral District Health Board actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic nurse with experience in Acute Mental Health and Addictions to join the Emergency Department team.
The Emergency Mental Health CNS works to provide clinical expertise and leadership that ensures enhanced care delivery to individuals presenting to the Emergency department with health needs or in distress.
This role will see you providing expert clinical practice, together with developing the knowledge and skills of other staff within the ED through education and supervision, working in conjunction with and providing essential support to the ED Educators and Charge Nurse. It requires someone who can work creatively to develop and expand the CNS role within the ED.
The applicant must have expert knowledge and skills in mental health and addictions with an understanding of the MOH Preventing suicide Guidance for emergency departments.
Key deliverables of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Role model expert nursing clinical practice, interpersonal skills and professionalism in the support and management of people experiencing mental distress within the ED.
- Provide expert advice and resources to staff working in ED
- Maintain a safe clinical and operational environment.
- Coordinate resources to meet identified needs of patients and staff in a timely manner.
- Facilitate and support ED staff to ensure effective liaison with other relevant departments and services and patient flow.
- Provide supervision, clinical leadership to support to promote patient focused care within the allocated resources.
- Facilitate service quality improvement and equity of outcomes by contributing to the service's risk minimisation activities.
- Current New Zealand APC.
- Registered nurse with no restrictions.
- Minimum of five years recent clinical experience in acute mental health and addictions and demonstrated understanding of emergency nursing roles.
- Post graduate Nursing Qualification certificate.
- Proficient Level Professional Development Recognition Programme (PDRP) Portfolio and evidence of working towards expert level PDRP.
- Current driver licence
- Computer literacy
Hours of work will be 40 per week. These will be predominantly Monday-Friday, but there will be an element of flexibility, which may include some evenings and weekends. This will not be excessive and will meet the requirements of the DHB/NZNO Collective Agreement.
|Location:||North Island - Manawatu / Whanganui - Palmerston North|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Mental Health - Registered Mental Health Nurse|
|Attachments:|| CNS-Emergency-Mental-Health.pdf (PDF, 1.48MB)