Registered Nurse, Scrub-side, Peri-Operative
MidCentral DHB requires ALL its employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. To comply with the current Health Order, applicants must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 no later than 1 January 2022. We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
MidCentral District Health Board actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
Please note the job description consists of two parts. Click on the job description link for part two, and refer to MidCentral's website for for part one.
We are looking for several energetic and dynamic registered nurses to join the Peri-operative Service Nursing team at Palmerston North Hospital.
These are permanent, full time and part time roles working, rostered duties with overtime and on-call as required by the needs of the department.
At least two years' Operating Theatre (Scrub side) experience would be preferred. However we do support Nurse Graduates as we understand that growing skilled nurses in this area is part of our responsibility. Staff will be well supported through an orientation programme.
We are looking for applicants with the following attributes/skills:
- Maintains a professional attitude at all times
- Ability to communicate with all members of the multidisciplinary team, patients and whanau
- Knowledge and experience in surgical nursing and good understanding of the Peri-operative patient journey
- Ability to provide patient care that meets individual needs with preservation of dignity and confidentiality
- Delivers care that recognises patient's rights and is sensitive to ethnic and cultural values
|Location:||North Island - Manawatu / Whanganui - Palmerston North|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Operating Rooms / Theatres|
|Attachments:|| RN-PeriOperative.pdf (PDF, 199KB)