Medical Physicist, Radiation Oncology
REGIONAL CANCER TREATMENT SERVICE
Palmerston North Hospital
MidCentral DHB requires ALL its employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. To comply with the current Health Order, applicants must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 no later than 1 January 2022. We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
MidCentral District Health Board actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
Our Radiation Oncology department is seeking a highly motivated Radiation Oncology Medical Physicist to join our team of eight physicists, two physics registrars and one engineer. Our department treats with four linear accelerators: three new Varian Truebeams and one Siemens Artiste, and a 150kV superficial unit. Pre-treatment uses a Siemens Confidence CT scanner and Raystation TPS. The department uses Mosaiq as our OIS. The successful applicant will participate in a broad range of clinical physics activities, including quality assurance, calibration, commissioning of equipment, development of treatment techniques and training and education of other staff.
Essential selection criteria:
- An undergraduate degree in physics with a strong component in mathematics.
- A post graduate qualification in medical physics.
- Listed or demonstrated eligibility for listing on the ACPSEM register of qualified medical physics specialists in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics.
- Be able to communicate fluently in English; both written and oral.
Priority will be given to candidates who satisfy the following selection criteria:
- ACPSEM certification (or an equivalent, recognized by the ACPSEM) in radiation Oncology Medical Physics.
- Several years of experience in a modern radiation oncology department.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment with a high degree of professionalism.
- Excellent problem solving skills and self motivation.
- Experience in development and commissioning of new equipment and treatment techniques.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a Use License for Radiation Oncology Medical Physics practices from the New Zealand Office of Radiation Safety.
The title of the position offered to the successful applicant will depend on his/her qualifications.
For enquiries, please contact: Tim O'Brien Head of Medical Physics Email: email@example.com
All applicants are required to complete an official form of application and to submit this with a copy of their CV. To apply online please go to our website: www.midcentraldhb.govt.nz/vacancy Please note the job description is also available online
Palmerston North is a family friendly city. Where you can enjoy the New Zealand countryside lifestyle without missing out on the advantages of a big city. With a diverse artistic community, Palmerston North is home to a multitude of cultural events, ethnic restaurants and sports activities. Commuting time is often less than 20 minutes, even if you are utilising our excellent cycling infrastructure. Its central place in the lower half of the North Island makes it easy to access the beautiful ski fields 2 hours drive north, Wellington 2 hours south, vineyards 2 hours east, wonderful hiking and biking areas 10 min east and the west coast beaches only a 30 minutes drive away.
|Location:||North Island - Manawatu / Whanganui - Palmerston North|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Technical - Physicist|
|Attachments:|| Medical-Physicist-Rad-Oncology.pdf (PDF, 677KB)