Clinical Physiologist, Neurophysiology Service
MidCentral DHB requires ALL its employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. To comply with the current Health Order, applicants must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
MidCentral District Health Board actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time Clinical Physiologist to join the multidisciplinary team within the Neurophysiology service at Palmerston North Hospital, MidCentral Health.
The successful applicant will be responsible for conducting EEGs, and Nerve Conduction Studies. If you have experience in this area and are keen to work within this supportive and friendly team, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
The primary objectives of this role are to:
- Perform a wide range of quality diagnostic testing in both EEG studies and Nerve Conduction Studies.
- Maintain competency in EEGS and NCS and actively participate in Continuing Professional Development and Peer Reviews.
- Ensure an optimal standard of EEG/Neurophysiology testing and treatment is maintained.
- Provide a technical report for EEGs and NCS.
- Ensure that all neurology testing equipment throughout the organisation is well maintained and in optimum working order.
- Ensure laboratory quality system documents are developed and updated.
- Effective and efficient management of the neurology laboratories.
Essential qualifications and registrations include:
- Bachelor of Science of Medical Technology or equivalent e.g. Higher National Diploma
- Registered or eligible to be registered on Clinical Physiologist Registration Board (CPRB) and hold an APC.
- Member or eligible to become a member of NZSNT (New Zealand Society of Neurology Technologists)
- Commitment to ongoing personal development, professional development and service improvement.
For further information please contact Amanda Driffill, Operations Lead. (email:firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you have experience in conducting EEGs and Nerve Conduction Studies and are looking for a change then we have the job for you!
|Location:||North Island - Manawatu / Whanganui - Palmerston North|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Technical - Physiology|
|Attachments:|| Clinical-Physiologist-Neurology.pdf (PDF, 676KB)