Registered Midwives / Kaiwhakawhānau Rēhita
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Location: Hutt Valley Hospital -Lower Hutt
Service: Women and Children
Contract: Permanent / fixed term, full time / part time
Salary: $65,022 to 84,153 NZNO and MERAS Meca based on experience - pro rata for part time
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
This is a rostered and rotating role which allows midwives to work across the full scope of midwifery practice. Our midwives provide care for primary birthing people as well as those with more complex needs, to antenatal and postnatal people and their babies. This allows us to offer many options for career development and a superior quality of care for our pregnant people, their babies and whanau in our community.
Hutt Maternity is a patient focused practice providing personalised, state-of-the-art medical care to pregnant people. On average five babies are born in the Hutt Valley every day and we provide primary and secondary maternity care for about 1800 pregnant people a year in the Hutt Valley.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
Our midwifery unit functions much like an extended family, with work-life balance being extremely important to all of our staff. We are committed to providing a competitive schedule that most private and public organisations are unable to offer.
Moū - About you
- Have the ability to work well in an integrated team
- Are organised with good time management
- Have a strong pregnant people/whanau (family) centred philosophy
- Are experienced and proactive with breastfeeding assistance and support
- Have the ability to work collaboratively with all health professionals to support excellence in maternity care
- Understands the importance of liaising with all stakeholders in the hospital and community environment
- Have strong interpersonal communication skills
- Are adaptable to change
- Are willing and able to perform some non-midwifery duties to ensure the efficiency and seamless management of the unit.
Some new initiatives taking place include:
- Developmental opportunities for all members of the team that are individualised depending on need and specific areas of interest
- Bespoke orientation and practice support
- Two clinical coaches to walk alongside new and less experience midwives
- Opportunities to expand your midwifery skills across the scope of practice and in different areas i.e. theatre, outpatient clinic and community
- Quality and Leadership Program (QLP)
- Flexible shift patterns allowing quality work life balance
If you share our commitment to innovative and personalised care, we - d love to talk with you!
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at the Capital & Coast and Hutt Valley District, we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicity, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital & Coast and Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following link:
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email email@example.com and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
We are reviewing applications as we receive them.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|