Occupational Therapist - Inpatient Rehab
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Location: Wellington Regional Hospital/Kenepuru Hospital/Hutt Valley Hospital
Service: Occupational Therapy
Contract: Full time, permanent
Salary: As per MECA
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
An opportunity for a motivated Occupational Therapist has become available in our Inpatient rehabilitation wards. This is a permanent, full time position.
- Assessment, management, therapy and intervention of occupational performance issues in a rehabilitation setting
- Support the wider Occupational Therapy team when required
- Mentor and support rotational Occupational Therapists
- Active involvement in the development of the Occupational Therapy service
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
The Occupational Therapy service see patients/clients within the hospital or based in the community. Services are based in MAPU, the acute wards, the rehabilitation wards and specialist outpatients
The Older Persons and Rehabilitation inpatient role has a caseload which consists of a wide range of patients/clients and requires knowledge of common medical, surgical, orthopaedic and age related conditions and detailed knowledge of diagnosis and clinical management of stroke and neurological conditions.
The successful candidate will be working with experienced occupational therapists across the inpatient and community setting. Our department has a friendly supportive atmosphere and a strong team ethic.
You will have good access to peer support, clinical and professional supervision. Training is also available internally and externally, to help you continue to build skills and knowledge to provide excellent patient care.
Moū - About you
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist with a minimum of three years - experience. Previous experience in neurological rehabilitation, cognitive and age related conditions is highly preferred. We are looking for someone ideally who has experience with supervising OTs and mentoring staff. or who is motivated to develop their skills in these areas
Skills & Experience
- Registration and current APC with Occupational Therapy Board NZ
- Recent clinical experience in inpatient setting
- Experience in collaborative Multidisciplinary/Interprofessional practice
- Enable NZ Accreditation in Personal care, household management and basic housing modifications
- Enable NZ accreditation in wheeled mobility (desirable)
- Demonstrates ability to build rapport with patient and whānau from all backgrounds
- Current drivers licence
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title and vacancy number (23116886-23) in the subject line.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|