Clinical Nurse Specialist
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Location: Ratonga Rua-o-Porirua and Kenepuru Hospital campus in Porirua
Service: Intellectual Disability Service
Contract: Full Time Permanent
Salary: PSA Senior Nurse grade 4-5 based on experience
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Looking for the next step in your nursing career and require a challenge? Well look no further! We require a Senior Nurse to join our team in the role of Clinical Nurse Specialist to work in partnership with the Team Leaders within the Intellectual Disability service.
The role will provide specialist nursing advice, care and expertise, both in delivering direct service user care and in supporting nursing and support workers caring for our service user group. You will be required to actively reflect on your work and practice, find ways to enhance the team support, care and rehabilitation and quality of all our service users.
You will work across our service and ensure the continuity of care and best practice standards are applied consistent with the Intellectual Disability Service Model of Care. Give expert advice, contribute to the multi-disciplinary team with the aim to improve nursing practices. Required to provide leadership across clinical environments to identify and support practice improvements and implementation of the Intellectual Disability Service Model of care.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
The Intellectual Disability Forensic Service has adult, youth and community services and is part of the Mental Health Addictions and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS).
Located on the Ratonga Rua-o-Porirua and Kenepuru Hospital campus in Porirua the Intellectual Disability Inpatient Service has four units:
- Haumietiketike a regional intellectual disability adult secure forensic unit which has eleven beds.
- The Cottages, a step down unit of eight adult beds
- Manawai the National Individualised Service Unit is a new national unit with six beds for people with intellectual Disability and/or mental health disorders.
- Hikitia Te Wairua is the national intellectual disability secure forensic youth unit which has six beds and is co-located with the Youth Acute Inpatient Mental Health Unit and the National Secure Youth Forensic Unit in a Centre of Excellence for Youth Services located at Kenepuru Hospital, Porirua.
We have a Model of Care which incorporates all the features of current best practice within forensic secure services including Positive Behaviour Support, nuanced risk assessment, and psychological formulation. All staff receive training on Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) as this is the basis for our philosophy of care within the service.
Moū - About you
- Registration with the Nursing Council of NZ and maintain a current annual practising certificate
- Relevant post-graduate qualification and/or working towards a Clinical Masters in Nursing
- Have minimum of three years or more knowledge of Mental Health/Intellectual Disability Service experience
- Minimum practice at Expert/Senior Level on PDRP or prior experience of working as clinical nurse specialist or equivalent senior nursing role
- Leadership skills
- Expert speciality knowledge and clinical experience
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at Capital & Coast and Hutt Valley District Health Board, we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicity, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital & Coast and Hutt Valley District Health Board are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email email@example.com and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
Your safety and that of our patients is important to us. It is our expectation that you will be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, having received two doses of an approved COVID 19 vaccination.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|