Registered Midwife - Paraparaumu Primary Birthing Unit
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora
Location: Paraparaumu Maternity Unit
Service: Paraparaumu Maternity Unit - Women - s Health Service SWC
Contract: Fixed-Term (9-Months), Part-Time (0.4 FTE)
Salary: Grade 4 and above. As per meca
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Are you thinking about a new challenge and a change for 2023? Come and join a great team
The Paraparaumu Primary Birthing unit is seeking an experienced and confident midwife to join our small dynamic and friendly team to cover maternity leave! Paraparaumu Maternity is a midwifery-led, BFHI accredited facility.
The primary setting offers autonomy and a close working relationships with women, whanau and our LMC midwifery colleagues. You will be primarily responsible for postnatal care in partnership with a women - s LMC and supporting the LMC with births as required.
You will be skilled and able to deal with issues requiring rapid response and you will be confident in emergency situations.
We are looking for an experienced Midwife who:
- Have the ability to work well in a small team
- Is organised with good time management
- Have a strong women/whanau centered philosophy
- Are experienced and proactive with breastfeeding assistance and support
- Have the ability to work collaboratively with all health professionals to support excellence in maternity care
- Understands the importance of liaising with all stakeholders in the hospital and community environment
- Have strong interpersonal communication skills
- Are adaptable to change
- Are willing and able to perform some non-midwifery duties to ensure the efficiency and seamless management of the unit.
If this sounds like you, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Moū - About you
Essential requirements are:
- Midwife with current Midwifery/Nursing Council of NZ Registration
- Current unrestricted Annual Practicing Certificate
- Experience in primary secondary and tertiary maternity care
- Meet criteria for confident/proficient level on QLP/PDRP or working towards Leadership/Expert
- Good computer skills
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
Applications submitted between 20 December and 7 January will be reviewed on 8th January.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|