Clinical Psychologist / Kaimātai Hinengaro 2
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Kapiti Health Centre
Service: Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service
Type: Permanent 0.8 FTE (32 Hours/week)
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
We have a vacancy for a motivated and enthusiastic Clinical Psychologist or Registered Psychologist to join our multi-disciplinary team. We offer an exciting work environment and provide opportunities to work in a variety of clinical settings and support your on-going professional development. You will be working with an experienced multidisciplinary team who strive to provide high quality care to tangata whaiora family/whanau seeking mental health and addiction services.
You will be expected to undertake comprehensive assessments and risk management plans, formulate and articulate treatment needs and plans; provide individual/group therapies for a broad range of mental health difficulties, case manage and coordinate care for tangata whaiora/consumers and their whanau.
If you have the following attributes we are looking for you:
- Ability to work in a Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) and demonstrate values consistent with those of the MHAIDS Services.
- Committed to working within the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Capacity to practice in a manner that engages tangata whaiora/consumers/whanau from a range of different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively with partner agencies in the community to meet a diverse range of needs.
- Demonstrates competence in communicating with a wide range of people, and leads meetings and documents outcomes and plans
The Child Adolescent Mental Health Service, Kapiti Team, provides mental health services to children and youth in the Kapiti community. The successful applicant will become part of a multidisciplinary team delivering quality care to tangata whaiora/consumers/families.
Moū - About you
- Provide high quality psycho-social assessment and treatment, reviewing your care regularly with the wider team.
- Strong recovery focus in your work with tangata whaiora/consumers/family.
- Undertake comprehensive psychological assessments.
- Formulate and develop risk management plans and articulate wider mental health needs.
- Provide case management to coordinate the care of tangata whaiora/consumers and their families/whanau.
- Liaise with other health providers and MHAIDS teams, NGOs, PHOs social and government agencies to facilitate care for service users.
- Daily clinical documentation of all activities including tangata whaiora and whanau contacts.
- Participate in and contribute to service planning and development
Skills and Experience:
- Post graduate qualification in Clinical Psychology. Those with qualifications relevant to working with youth and their families will also be considered, provided they are a Registered Psychologist.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrates the capacity to work effectively in a team environment with a commitment to providing person/family centred care.
- Undertake talking therapy with tangata whaiora individually or in group setting
- Demonstrates competence in communicating with a wide range of people, leading meetings and documenting outcomes and plans.
- Skilled and competent with Information Technology.
- Skilled and experienced working with people with moderate to severe mental health issues and Addiction
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title and vacancy number (AH314-22) in the subject line.
Your safety and that of our patients is important to us. It is our expectation that you will be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, having received two doses of an approved COVID 19 vaccination.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Location:||North Island - Wellington - Kapiti Coast|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Allied Health - Psychologist|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|