O&G Registrar & SHO Fixed term/Permanent positions available
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Hutt Valley Hospital
Service: Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Contract: Fixed-Term/ Permanent (FTE negotiable)
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
- Allocation available in Hutt Valley Hospital
Wellington Region RMO positions are rotational across multiple hospitals,
including Wellington Regional, Kenepuru, Hutt Valley and Masterton
Hospitals which means that you may rotate to these sites during your time
with us. If you are successful in gaining a position, the service will do
their best to accommodate the run preferences stated within your cover
RMO salaries are calculated based on relevant previous years of experience and the average weekly hours of work as set out in the relevant run description. For the current salary bands, please refer to either the Specialty Trainees of New Zealand (SToNZ) or Resident Doctors - Association (RDA) Multi-Employer Collective Agreements.
Moū - About you
- Suitable for candidates who have had at least 12 months previous experience in O&G as this role partakes on the out of hours roster; suitable for a Registrar either in O&G training or seeking to enter the training programme
- For SHO position, suitable for Resident Medical Officers who will be PGY2 and above by the role commencement date
- Preference will be given to candidates who have had at least 3 months previous experience in O&G as this role partakes on the out of hours roster
- You will need to be a NZ or Australian citizen or resident, or have an appropriate visa to be eligible to live and work in NZ - information available on the Immigration New Zealand website.
note - important information for overseas graduates who are
The MCNZ has introduced a new method of primary source verification using the Educational Commission for Foreign MedicalGraduates - Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (ECFMG - s EPIC) service.
If you are successful in obtaining a role in New Zealand, you will be required to have your primary medical degree verified through EPIC. Before MCNZ will start processing your application, you must have had your documents verified by EPIC. If you have would like more information about primary-source verification, please see MCNZs website or EPIC - s FAQ webpage.
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Health New Zealand is the overarching organisation responsible for New Zealand - s national health service andworks closely with our partner - the Māori Health Authority. Join our fellow 740 Resident Medical Officers employed in the Wellington Region (Capital & Coast, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa DHB - s) to gain leading experience, medical supervision and training.
- HVDHB - Hutt Valley Hospital
- Is a busy 260-bed facility covering Lower Hutt and Upper Hutt cities. We provide care for an ethnically diverse population of 139,000 people and Hutt Hospital supports 1,800 births and performs over 500 elective gynaecological procedures per annum. Our SCBU cares for babies over 32 weeks and Wellington is our Tertiary referral centre. Hutt is situated just 15 minutes - drive from downtown Wellington, our vibrant capital city.
- The team in Hutt consists of 7 Senior Medical Officers, 8 registrars, 2 SHOs and 1 HO. Each registrar is assigned to the SMO according to their skill set and request. The RMOs will get exposure to good surgical skill sets which include Pelvic floor repairs and advanced laparoscopic surgery. The RMOs can complete their Colposcopy assessments in the unit. We will also be offering a run which will be suitable to complete RANZCOG advanced training module in General Obstetrics and Gynaecology. The ITP supervisor liaises with the RMOs on regular basis to get feedback from and to ensure that the Department is catering to the needs of the RMOs to the best of their ability.
- In Obstetrics, the unit manages significantly high risk women with co-morbidities from diverse ethnicities and socio-economic status. It is a great opportunity to learn to manage these high risk pregnancies. You will run antenatal clinics alongside the SMO or independently if you - re credentialing allows you to do so. The unit allows does medical TOPs and amniocentesis. The unit also runs number of teaching meetings including weekly presentations by RMO/ SMOs, CTG meeting, Obstetrics and Paediatric meeting, Radio-Path meeting, high risk Obstetric meetings, and perinatal mortality and morbidity meetings.
- You - ll love working with us. We have a great team, a culture that values and involves people and a reputation for our relationships with our community and our willingness to take the initiative.
- To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
- Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email RES-RMORecruitment@ccdhb.org.nz and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
2DHB requires ALL its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Please note we will be reviewing applications when received and will progress through the recruitment process
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|