Intake Triage Clinician (Addiction)
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Hutt Valley Hospital
Service: Community Mental Health and Addiction Services (CMHAS)
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: As per MECA
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
- Screen, assess and triage referrals from GPs,PHO, NGO, families/Whanau, and individual self-referrals;
- Facilitates access to treatment within the community teams or re-refer to appropriate services for treatment and follow up (PHO, NGOs and other agencies )
- Addresses safety concerns including mental health and addiction risk issues and liaise immediately with CRS, Police, Oranga Tamariki, Domestic Violence shelter provider
- Respond to inquiries from GPs or others about service provision and general information
- Triage service referrals to CMHAS Hutt North and Hutt South teams
- provide individual brief AOD counselling
- Opportunity to develop competencies in addiction treatment in a supportive and positive learning environment.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
We are a dynamic multi-disciplinary team of health professionals who are, passionate about assisting/supporting tangata whaiora/whanau experiencing moderate to severe mental health and addiction health issues.
Our service is based in the Lower Hutt Community covering all Hutt Valley geographical areas including Upper Hutt.
Our service values include integrity, team work, professionalism, and a regard for others.
Moū - About you
- Current Professional registration and practising certificate
- Full Drivers Licence
- Experience in working from a strengths perspective
- Demonstrated experience in working with people with Coexisting Addiction and Mental Health
- Demonstrated competence in communicating with a wide range of people
- New Zealand Registered Social Worker, or Registered Occupational Therapist
- Registered with DAPAANZ or equivalent professional body an advantage
- Previous experience of working in the Mental Health and Addiction sector, and evidence of competency in this specialist area is an advantage
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 2DHBs are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email Philip.Adamson@ccdhb.org.nz and indicate the job title and vacancy number (AH080-22) in the subject line.
We require all our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This includes the booster dose within six months of receiving the second dose of initial vaccination (for some people the initial vaccination will have comprised of three doses). We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Location:||North Island - Wellington - Hutt Valley|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Allied Health - Social Worker|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|