Alcohol & Other Drugs Clinician - West Coast
Part time (0.5 FTE) permanent role with the Rata AOD Service across the West Coast. The main role of this position is to assist with the Opioid Substitution Treatment Programme - based at Buller, but may also be needed elsewhere on occasion, or to case manage a couple of primary AOD clients at Buller.
- Part-time, fixed-term 0.5FTE role for registered health professional.
- Strong experience within Addiction and/or Mental Health Services is required, with a full registration in an Allied Health Profession, Nursing or DAPAANZ.
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Based at Westport - the role is to engage with those people who need assessment for, and clinical follow-up for opioid dependence as part of the Rata Opioid Substitution Treatment Programme.
This may also include working alongside mental health professionals for consumers who have serious mental illness, which is complicated by co-existing substance misuse.
Travel for work related business and clinical training may be required at times.
The ideal candidate will have string interpersonal skills and the ability to forge and sustain therapeutic relationships with clients, and to harmoniously work alongside other health professionals.
Ko wai koe | About You
- Outstanding relationship building & interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of the requirements and boundaries that the AOD service operates within
- An advocate of best practice and understanding of contemporary approaches to addictions, mental health and wellbeing
- The ability to identify cultural perspectives and bias; challenge views - lead others to value and respect alternative cultural perspectives
Mō mātou - About us
From July last year the West Coast DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Te Tai o Poutini West Coast we are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people - become part of our team.
Ngā hua - Benefits
Being part of the Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Tono ināianei - Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Natalie Gaunt - Recruitment Specialist - Natalie.Gaunt@cdhb.health.nz
For more detailed information about the clinical aspects of the position please contact the Rata AOD Service, Clinical Nurse Manager - Brent Doncliff at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|