Health Promotion Advisor, Population Health 1.0 FTE (Multiple Positions)
Organisation: Tairawhiti Public Health is part of the National Public Health Service within Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, based in the Te Manawa Taki region. We develop and deliver innovative and high-quality public health initiatives to improve, promote, and protect the health of the communities in the Tairawhiti area.
Situated on the eastern coast of New Zealand's North Island, Gisborne “Tairāwhiti” – “The light shines on the water” is the first city in the world to see the rising sun of the new day. Our region offers vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands, with significant historical landmarks, natural wonders and a deep connection to Māori culture. We enjoy a pleasant climate, short commutes and a relaxed approach that creates a work-life offering that is enviable to most that are not yet here. Our lifestyle is about time.
Are you passionate about public health and supporting communities to improve wellbeing and achieve equity?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our dedicated team!
Join us during this exciting time in the public health sector. The Health System in Aotearoa is in a period of transformation as we implement the Pae Ora (Healthy Futures) vision where people live longer in good health, have improved quality of life, and there is equity between all groups.
We are seeking highly skilled individuals to work within our Community and Whānau Wellbeing team which is committed to making a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of communities in the Bay of Plenty and Lakes region. We create supportive environments that encourage healthier choices as the easy choices.
· Develop effective relationships and work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to address the social determinants of health.
· Work closely with local government, iwi and hapū, and our priority communities to bring about healthy public policy change on a wide range of policy areas including smokefree, food security, physical activity, transport, and the built environment.
· Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to plan, implement, and evaluate health promotion initiatives.
· Utilise various health promotion approaches, including supporting the implementation of settings-based initiatives with a focus on workplace wellbeing and education settings.
· Focus on achieving equity for Māori and priority groups including Pacific, Rainbow Community, and Tangata Whaikaha.
To succeed in these roles, you should have:
· Innovative thinking and a passion for improving population health.
· The ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
· A tertiary qualification in a related field, such as health promotion, public health, Māori health, or social sciences.
· Experience in project management including planning, implementation, and evaluation of health promotion initiatives.
· Knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, kaupapa Māori, and a strong commitment to achieving equity.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Salary Range: $63,702 - $83,030 depending on skills and experience.
To Apply: To complete and application please use the “apply now” link provided which will redirect you through our online career's portal. For successful applicants our mandatory process includes police vetting and health screening.
Te Whatu Ora Tairāwhiti are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
For further information, please contact Berniece Wilkinson 0211976354
Join us and make a significant impact on the well-being of communities. Apply now for one of these Health Improvement Advisor roles.
Position Description | Health Promotion Advisor
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|