Community Dentist, WCY, Various FTE
Community Dentist Various FTE
Hauora Tairāwhiti is looking for a highly motivated, Community Dentist, who is registered with the Dental Council of New Zealand.
This position exists to provide clinical oral health services across the lifespan from community/school-based sites (including East Coast) and on the Hauora Tairāwhiti hospital site. If required, training can be provided in aspects of paediatric dentistry such as deciduous tooth pulpotomies, stainless steel crowns for deciduous and permanent teeth, and the provision of treatment under general anaesthesia.
You will be part of the dedicated oral health team within Hauora Tairāwhiti and provide clinical services, act as a knowledgeable resource person and work closely with the Principal Dental Officer, Oral Health Programme Manager and Group Manager to ensure the service needs are met and equity is improved.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (or equivalent), registration with the Dental Council of New Zealand, and a current annual practicing certificate
- Minimum of 2 years post-graduate work experience
- Understanding of Whānau Ora/Ability to respond to whānau need
- Experience treating children, adolescents and pregnant women
- Experience in the provision of dental care under general anaesthesia is desirable
- Post graduate qualifications in Community Dentistry/Public Health Dentistry/Special Needs Dentistry/Paediatric Dentistry would be desirable
- Knowledge of New Zealand School Dental Service environment would be desirable
- Willing to be placed on a flexible roster based on patient/community needs (including at times, evening and weekend clinics)
- A ‘whatever it takes approach’ to providing quality oral health care and reducing oral health inequities in Tairāwhiti
If you would like further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Nicki Dever on 021 407 404 or email@example.com
Position Description | Community Dentist
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|