Senior Medical Officer - Intensivist 1.0 FTE
Intensivist – Permanent, Full and Part-Time Positions Available
Hauora Tairāwhiti is located in Gisborne, one of the most beautiful and sunny parts of New Zealand. With a population of just under 50,000, this region has the highest proportion of Māori in any District Health Board (53.5% percent). The rugged geography and dispersed population creates challenges and opportunities in delivering healthcare across the region.
We offer a unique opportunity to join the Intensive care department at Gisborne Hospital. In addition to bringing your Intensive care expertise, you will be able to make a significant contribution to address inequities in health care. As the hospital expands, we anticipate other opportunities including leadership, participation in aeromedical retrievals, medical education and outreach services.
Who we are?
Gisborne Hospital is the primary health care facility on the East Coast of New Zealand. The Hospital is a 115-bed teaching hospital and has inpatient services in medical and surgical, women's health and paediatrics. The department has 6 beds and functions as a Level 1 ICU Unit
- Enjoy an incredible lifestyle with beautiful, world-class beaches, and an excellent selection of local wineries, cafes and bars set amongst a landscape suited to a variety of outdoor sports and adventure.
- Excellent exposure to a wide variety of pathologies.
- Attractive salary package including special allowances.
- Accommodation and vehicle package.
- CME package of $16K annually.
If you’re looking for work life balance, this is the place to be! Gisborne is the first place in the world to see the sun, and also holds the title of New Zealand’s surfing capital. With a sunny climate and both amazing beaches and picturesque landscapes, you are spoiled for choice when it comes to outdoor fun. Many options of consistent surf breaks make it easy to get in a surf before or after work, or explore one of the many walking tracks, paddle the river, or ride the local mountain bike park! Gisborne also boasts a varied cultural scene, as the home of festivals like Rhythm and Vines, First Light Wine and Food, and Te Tairāwhiti Arts. The influence of the region’s large Māori population is deeply felt in the language, art, and culture you can experience here.
The successful candidate will have:
- Registration or be eligible for registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Vocational registration or eligible for Provisional Vocational/Locum Tenens registration in Intensive care.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop partnerships and work collaboratively within a team.
- A commitment to clinical excellence and delivering equitable healthcare.
- New Zealand residency or meet eligibility criteria to immigrate to New Zealand.
- Please apply online at www.hauoratairawhiti.org.nz (We only accept online applications).
- For general enquiries, please contact Kirsty.Huhu@tdh.org.nz.
- For questions about this position, please contact Dr Anil Nair: email@example.com.
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|