Clinical Nurse Educator - Wellington
- Porirua Location
- Dynamic team
- Personal and Professional Development
Are you an experienced Registered Nurse with a passion for education?
ABI Rehabilitation NZ has a full-time vacancy for a qualified senior nurse to take up responsibilities as the Clinical Nurse Educator in our Wellington service, in conjunction with general registered nursing duties.
If you have previous experience working with people who have challenging behavior and/or mental health concerns with a relevant qualification in rehabilitation, mental health, or related disciplines, we are keen to hear from you!
Why ABI Rehabilitation?
ABI Rehabilitation is the lead provider of intensive in-patient brain injury rehabilitation for clients with moderate to severe acquired brain injuries in New Zealand, serving over 85% of this population. We are the only provider in Australasia to have attained CARF Accreditation, an international gold standard for person centred, quality rehabilitation. We tailor individual rehabilitation programmes to clients' physical, cognitive and spiritual needs with a strong focus on interdisciplinary teamwork and family involvement.
As the Clinical Nurse Educator, you will be responsible for delivering leadership, mentorship, education, and support to the Nursing team to ensure excellence in the provision of clinical care and rehabilitation by the nursing team in collaboration with the Nursing Services Manager and Clinical Nurse Lead.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage staff within the area of responsibility including education and training.
- Provide clinical guidance and mentorship to the Nursing team.
- Ensure the nursing team deliver high-quality clinical care, which includes assessment, interventions, and evaluation of client status that is reflective of current evidence-based best practice Use evidence-based practices within the clinical decision-making process.
- Be responsible for the assessment and development of nursing portfolios, and review of competencies.
- Conduct education and training sessions including policy refreshers relevant to nurses.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Sound understanding of rehabilitation principles.
- Demonstrated high standard of clinical care and clinical safety management.
- Strong time management and systems development skills
- Ability to manage a quality improvement programme within the area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent administrative/computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills allowing effective working relationships with staff, clients, and whānau.
- Demonstrate excellent teaching/facilitation skills.
We welcome your inquiries and the opportunity to discuss your requirements in more detail.
For further information, please contact Christine Remfrey – Nursing Services Manager, via email to Christine.Remfrey@abi-rehab.co.nz, or via phone on (04) 2370128 or mobile 021457926
To apply for this role, click the "Apply Now" button and submit your application.
Applications close 9th December 2023.
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|