- Part-time, Perm + Sat, Sun & Mon + Based in Papatoetoe, Auckland
- Wise Group Discount App + AM/PM rotation
- Work in a big, beautiful home and enjoy our outdoor area!
Develop your professional career and provide clinical support to people experiencing mental illness to help manage their health and social needs.
About us | Mō mātou
Pathways is a leading national provider of community-based mental health, addiction, and well-being services in Aotearoa. We are about transforming mental health and addiction through our Pathways (adult) and Real (youth) services. We have been doing it for 30 years, supporting around 6,000 people annually.
The Benefits | Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou
- An extra week of annual leave after 12 months of employment
- Wise Group Discount App
- New employer kiwisaver contribution
- Ongoing training and support in your role and career
- Subsidy for the school holiday programme
- EAP services
- Discount at Specsavers for you and your family members
- Discounted plans with Southern Cross for medical insurance
- Be part of a supportive team where work-life balance is encouraged
The Role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to join our Auckland peer-led acute service that offers an alternative to hospital admission for those people experiencing acute mental distress.
You will need to have a scope of practice to work in mental health and utilise your clinical nursing skills to support our guests in their recovery.
This is a part-time permanent position working 24 hours per week, based in Papatoetoe, Auckland.
Week rotating roster: Saturday, Sunday, and Monday
AM Shift: 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM
PM Shift: 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM
You will join a team of passionate peer support specialists and 4 Registered Nurses who walk alongside our guests to achieve well-being while working in our 12-bed facility. You will be reporting to the Team Coach.
You will help identify and meet the guest's individual health and social care needs and support them to reconnect with community services and take control of their own lives. You will conduct physical assessments and support people with goal planning.
You | Mōu
- Must have a New Zealand Registered Health Professional with a current practising certificate
- Comprehensive and/or psychiatric scope, and the ability to work within the field of mental health.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral and excellent organisational skills
- Hold a full clean New Zealand driver's licence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn new computer programmes and skills
- Knowledge of, and demonstrable commitment to, the principles of the Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Closing Date: Saturday, 10th June 2023. PLEASE NOTE, this advert may close if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date.
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/PW-RHP-Clinician.pdf
Contact: Chris McMullen, Team Coach on Chris.McMullen@pathways.co.nz if you have any questions.
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
All new appointees require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.
Note: The Criminal History Check is Exempt from The Clean Slate Act. In other words, the Clean Slate Act does not apply to this position. Please declare any offences (even outside 7 years) in your application.
Some health and disability sector employers may require workers to be vaccinated. This is because workers come into close contact with people likely to get seriously ill if they get COVID-19. Having undertaken a thorough health and safety analysis regarding Covid-19, we have determined that vaccination is required for our workforce (two primary doses and at least one booster).
Pathways are committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke-free environment. We encourage people with experience with mental illness to apply.
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|