Community Occupational Therapist Wellington
- Leading Neuro-Rehabilitation Provider
- Work in an Inter-disciplinary Team (IDT)
- Community and clinic based
- Adult and Paeds Opportunities
Full time / Part-time (Permanent) / Contract work available – flexible hours and hybrid working.
Are you passionate about delivering rehabilitation through supporting clients who have sustained a brain injury to regain independence in a community setting?
Looking for a role with hands on work on functional goals in a community setting?
- Share a puzzle with a 7-year-old while targeting fine motor skills
- Navigate a train journey supporting an adult with their back to work commute
- Support a client to order coffee in a busy café environment
ABI Rehabilitation has an opportunity for an occupational therapist with an interest in brain injury and experience in rehabilitation to join our progressive interdisciplinary community team.
We are a leader in the field of brain injury rehabilitation and an accredited provider of post-acute, residential, and community-based rehabilitation for clients with multi-trauma, concussion, and traumatic brain injury. There are opportunities to work across a range of ages and injury types.
We link with our TBI inpatient facility to provide seamless transition for clients returning to living and working in the community. We see our clients at home, workplace, school, and clinic-based settings. We have a strong client and family/whānau focus.
Your keys to success:
- You love being busy while also having a positive impact on people's lives
- You want to provide hands on, practical assessment and intervention
- Your approach is kind, warm and inquisitive
- You are comfortable working independently, and also enjoy working as a dynamic interdisciplinary team
- You are registered with the OT Board of New Zealand
- You have 2 years' experience working with clients with neurological injuries
Previous experience in pediatrics, community rehabilitation, brain injury rehabilitation, concussion service delivery, or vocational rehabilitation would be desirable but not essential.
You will be provided with:
- Phone and laptop for work purposes
- Car for client services
- Access to EAP
- Reimbursement for registration with OT board
- Professional development
- Clinical supervision
The role requires you to work autonomously as well as in close coordination with the rehabilitation team. Our IDT includes medical specialists, Paediatrician, neuropsychologists, SALT, PT's and Kaiārahi Māori. On the job training will be provided from our skilled and supportive team, and we are committed to evidence-based practice, and ongoing support and training. There are opportunities for contribution to service development including development of NZ practice guidelines, links to AUT, and opportunities for student supervision.
We have a strong client and whānau/family focus and apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi through the implementation of Te Hekenga-ā-ora (ABI's Māori Development Plan 2022-2025), to ensure equitable outcomes.
ABI Rehabilitation has received accreditation from Immigration New Zealand and may be able to support international candidates onto the Accredited Employer Work Visa. Please contact us if you would like to know more.
If this sounds like a great fit for you then we would love to hear from you.
Are you interested, have the desired skills set and looking for either full time or part time, ABI wants to hear from you! Click the “Apply Now” button and submit your application.
Or if you want more information about this opportunity, please contact Annie Jones, Community Services Manager via email Annie.Jones@abi-rehab.co.nz or mobile 021896543.
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|