Support Worker, Christchurch
- Support individuals in distress experience a positive recovery journey
- Completed NZCHW L4 or have an equivalent qual?
- New salary rates up to $28.25 per hr, extra AL, ongoing coaching and more
If you like being busy and can establish relationships quickly, you may be the person we are looking for to join our team.
Every day is different. You will be supporting guests with their wellbeing, liaising with clinical referrers, working closely with your colleagues and generally helping to make our service a welcoming and inclusive place for everyone.
About Pathways | Mō mātou
Creating mental health and wellness opportunities that enable people to live their dreams and flourish. At Pathways, that's what we do; and who we are.
The benefits | Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou
To show you how much we value you, we offer;
- Competitive pay rates between $22.49 up to $28.25 per hour
- Ongoing training and support so you can excel in your role
- Work for one of the leading Mental Health care providers in New Zealand
- An extra 2 paid days per year (Wellbeing Days)
- Discount at Specsavers for you and your family members
- Discounted plans with Southern Cross for medical insurance
- EAP services
Role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
We are seeking an additional experienced support worker who is empathic and supportive to join our team working Friday and Saturday afternoon shifts with a colleague.
We are a small and collaborative team working in a house where no two days are the same. We recognise the importance of looking after each other as well as the Tangata whai ora we support and strive for positive outcomes for all.
As a Support Worker you'll be kept busy supporting people in their recovery by helping them to develop strategies to improve and manage their well-being. Duties will also include providing a listening ear; maintaining the home; hosting and liaising with clinical teams and supporting guests with medication.
This is a permanent, part-time role working Friday and Saturday, 3pm – 11:30pm, based in Christchurch.
About You | Mōu
Caring and empathy come naturally to you, and you believe in using a person-centered approach, and the positive benefits of working in a recovery focused way. You will be able to provide medication support for our people and have impeccable attention to detail. Experience in mental health is preferred but you will also have:
- A New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) Level 4 or a recognised equivalent. Applicants without this requirement will not be considered.
- Experience working in busy health setting and supporting people with mental health needs
- You must hold a current full NZ drivers licence
- Hold a current comprehensive first aid certificate covering units 6400, 6401 and 6402 or be willing to obtain one within 3 months of employment
- Knowledge of, and demonstrable commitment to, the principles of the Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- You'll enjoy being part of the team and be excellent in building relationships
- You'll be flexible and have positive approach when dealing with challenging behaviours
Ready to take a closer look at Pathways? Apply now.
Closing date: Monday, 10th April 2023. Please note, this advert may close if a suitable candidate is found.
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/PW-Support-Worker.pdf
Contact: If you've got any questions please give me a ring - Tessa Sturgeon, Team Coach on 027 702 5769
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
All new appointees require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.
Note: The Criminal History Check is Exempt from The Clean Slate Act. In other words, the Clean Slate Act does not apply to this position. Please declare any offences (even outside 7 years) in your application.
Some health and disability sector employers may require workers to be vaccinated. This is because workers come into close contact with people likely to get seriously ill if they get COVID-19. Having undertaken a thorough health and safety analysis with regards to Covid-19, we have determined that vaccination is required for our workforce (two primary doses and at least one booster).
Pathways are committed to healthy lifestyles and actively support a smoke-free environment.
We encourage people with experience of mental illness to apply.
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Community / Public Health - Clinical Support Workers|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|