Southern Cross Rotorua Hospital
About the role:
We are currently looking for an experienced Healthcare Assistant to join our fun, friendly team. This is a part-time position, working 32 hours per week across afternoon and night shift. Each shift is 8 hours.
We also have opportunities for HCAs to join our Ward and Day Stay Unit on a casual basis.
You will work as part of a tight-knit multi-disciplinary team offering support and assistance to the Inpatient team of nurses.
This support role encompasses:
- Care of surgical patients under direction of Registered Nurse
- Patient cares such as assisting with bed washes, showering and toileting.
- Assisting patients with their rehabilitation and encouraging independence
- Answers patient call bells and seeks assistance as appropriate
- Provides patient watch under direction of RN
- Stock management
- Ward tasks
- Assist to transport patients to and from Operating Theatre.
Southern Cross Hospital Rotorua is a modern surgical hospital serving the local community and the greater Bay of Plenty region. This leading private hospital has been providing quality, professional care since 1987, when it opened as New Zealand's first purpose built short stay surgical hospital. Our hospital employs a caring, experienced staffing unit of around 90, providing services and excellent post-operative care to across a range of surgical specialties.
To be a part of the team you will need:
- Previous experience within a healthcare setting preferered
- A healthcare certificate or equivalent (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
- To be flexible/adaptable and to respond positively to the changing needs of the business
- Hold relevant residency status to work in New Zealand
What we can offer you:
- Join a friendly tight-knit multi-disciplinary team
- Christmas and New Year breaks
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Unlimited Mental Health and physical sick leave
- Extra day of leave for 'Nurses Appreciation Day' for permanent employees.
About Southern Cross Healthcare
Southern Cross Healthcare is New Zealand's largest independent healthcare network; comprised of our wholly-owned and joint venture hospitals, specialist centres, physiotherapy, rehabilitation and workplace wellness providers across New Zealand.
Each year the wider Southern Cross businesses support more than one million New Zealanders through medical care, healthcare and health and travel insurance.
We are driven by our purpose to advance the health and wellbeing of New Zealanders, supported by our not-for-profit DNA that keeps this purpose at the forefront of our focus.
Southern Cross Healthcare patients are supported by a team of over 3000 employees, passionate about making a difference to the health and wellbeing of New Zealanders. They work alongside over 1200 medical specialists who are credentialled to provide services in our hospital facilities.
Now is an exciting time to join Southern Cross Healthcare, as we pursue our vision to transform private healthcare to further improve the health of New Zealanders.
Our purpose and vision are brought to life by a progressive, innovative and inclusive workplace
|Location:||North Island - Bay of Plenty - Rotorua|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Health Care Assistant - Hospital / Community - Health Care Assistant - Hospital / Community|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|