Service Manager - Residential Mental Health Service
Me mahi tahi tātou mō te oranga o te katoa.
We should all work together for the wellbeing of everyone.
He kōrero mō mātou - About us
Emerge Aotearoa is a social services organisation providing a range of services to tangata whaiora, including health and disability, youth and emergency housing. Our kaimahi all have a common goal - helping people realise their potential with the aim of supporting people to live their best life as independently as possible.
He kōrero mō te tūranga - The role
We have an amazing opportunity within our all-inclusive whanau, who provide support to tangata whaiora with mental health challenges within our residential recovery services in the Whangarei area. The role sits within a twelve bed Residential Service, you will be leading and managing a team of six Community Support Workers and one Mental Health Professional.
You will work collaboratively with colleagues, community providers, clinical teams, and other external stakeholders to help achieve the best outcomes for tangata whaiora. Duties in this role also include updating records, medication support, maintaining hygiene standards in the service and administration duties.
He kōrero mōu - About you
As an effective Manager, you will draw from your experience obtained as a leader, coupled with your advanced communication style to effectively coach, mentor and identify strengths within the team. You will also use these strengths to create a safe place where staff feel comfortable approaching you for support, guidance, and development.
You will also have the relevant skills and experience for working in mental health and addiction settings with people experiencing mild to moderate levels of distress.
What you need:
- Previous experience leading a team in the health/social services sector and of leading staff
- Experience in providing line management, coaching and mentoring of staff
- The ability to demonstrate effective time and relationship management skills
- Flexibility in the hours you can work, as all Service Managers are expected to participate in an on-call roster system for after-hours coverage
- Demonstrable knowledge of, and an ability to collaboratively create a personalised plan
- It is essential that you hold a minimum qualification of a Level 3 in Mental Health and Wellbeing
Ko tā mātou mahi - We offer
- Additional paid leave allowances including, three wellbeing days, five to ten days study leave and long service leave
- Wellbeing subsidies and access to the use of our other services such as free counselling, budgeting, and mental health workshops
- Access to a work vehicle, company phone and laptop
- Opportunity for professional development and growth within a national organisation
Me pēhea te tono mai - How to apply
To apply for this role please visit our careers site careers.emergeaotearoa.org.nz and register your details. This role will be advertised until filled.
Join the Emerge Aotearoa whānau; we're inclusive and we celebrate diversity as an organisation.
While we are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive organisation, we are unable to consider applications from anyone who does not currently have the right to legally work in Aotearoa.
Tautokohia te mana tangata - Realising potential
|Location:||North Island - Northland - Whangarei|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Mental Health - Clinical Manager|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|