Registered Nurse - Whaikaha
- Work within supportive and innovative multi-disciplinary team and newly built environment
- Have access to unique professional development and education opportunities
- Further grow and develop your nursing skills and expertise within Intellectual Disability and Forensic nursing
- Full-time and part-time Registered Nursing roles available
Tā Mātou Ratonga: Tā Mātou Kaupapa/Our Service and Our Philosophy
At Specialist Mental Health Services, we are proud and committed to work as an interdisciplinary team in collaboration and partnership with tāngata whaiora - consumers and their whānau (family) striving to work within our philosophy to develop therapeutic, supportive and empowering relationships with consumers, to enable them to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
Te Rōpu: Tā Mātou Mahi/The Team: What we do
Canterbury DHB Forensic Intellectual Disability (ID) Team is on a journey of innovation and evolution in delivering the best possible care to our tāngata whaiora. Here, we are focusing on long-term rehabilitation and acute care interventions of our tāngata whaiora by discovering and building on their personal strengths and providing a supported transition back to their community.
Delivering a high standard of care is important to the Whaikaha team. The addition of our new contemporary high care area allows us to offer safe, individualised care and strengthens our ability to implement our model of care.
As a result, we are now looking for Registered Nurses with passion and interest in Intellectual Disability and Forensic nursing who can bring fresh ideas to our team and help us to deliver on this vision. We have permanent full-time (0.94FTE) and part-time roles available.
Te Tūranga: Kō Tēnei Au/The Role: Where you fit in
- You will join a supportive an experienced team that strives to make a real difference in people's lives.
- You will work in a fulfilling and yet dynamic environment with tangata whaiora ' consumers who have very complex challenges to face.
- You will also get an opportunity to build long-term relationships with our tāngata whaiora and deliver a full and holistic range of nursing care.
- Using analysis from data collection you will gain insight into the function of behaviour for our tāngata whaiora and how this informs our clinical interventions.
- Finally, you will have access and support with your on-going professional development including post-graduate studies and more unique Intellectual Disability training like Positive Behaviour Support, enabled by our comprehensive staff orientation package, clinical supervisors, nursing leadership and close partnership with the University of Otago.
Te Tūranga: Ōu Tikanga/The Role: What you need
- Be an enthusiastic Registered Nurse bringing a range of knowledge and skills in mental health or intellectual disability nursing.
- Have a current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) scoped for mental or intellectual disability nursing
- A drive to develop your professional practise
- Be compassionate and caring and have a strong sense of curiosity about those you care for.
- Have exceptional interpersonal communication skills and positive demeanour
- Critical thinking, planning and adaptability to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to work within the multi-disciplinary team, providing a clinical nursing perspective and managing task allocation and direction and delegation effectively.
Tā mātou Take: Ngā Āhua, Ka Mahi Ai/Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you are part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to almost 600,000 tāngata (people) that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
Tā Mātou Ahurea: Ngā Take Kia mātou/Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Tōku Tūranga: Tā Mātou Kōrero/Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills, then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Please apply online, or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Registered Nurse|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|