Enrolled Nurse - Adult Inpatient Group
- Rewarding mahi supporting acute mental health events
- Unique career development opportunities
- Become part of the Canterbury DHB whānau
- Roles available at Te Awakura, Tupuna, and Seager
About the company
Specialist Mental Health Services are an interdisciplinary team that
forms part of the Canterbury District Health Board (CDHB). We are committed to
working and partnering with tāngata whaiora (consumers) and their whānau (family).
Constantly striving to work within our philosophy, we develop therapeutic,
supportive and empowering relationships with our consumers, enabling them to
achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
About the team
Te Awakura (Adult Inpatient Group) is a 64-bed
adult acute inpatient unit that provides 24-hour care to consumers experiencing
acute mental illness. Our model of care primarily focuses on integrated
multidisciplinary teams who strive to provide excellent care to tāngata
in the least restrictive manner.
There are four 16-bed acute inpatient wards that
make up Te Awakura. These wards cover the North, East, South and West quadrants
of Christchurch. We are a kind and compassionate group who values partnering
with our consumers and their whānau whilst ensuring that we provide them with
About the role
We are looking for Enrolled Nurses with
mental health scope to join one of our teams on a full time fixed-term basis. You
will find yourself constantly thinking on your feet whilst contributing
essential services within a rewarding field; working alongside a
multidisciplinary team to deliver high-level care to our tāngata
whaiora who have complex mental health needs. With a key focus on career
development, we value honesty, respect and integrity.
- 12 month fixed term position available
- Rostering pattern of 4 days on, 2 days off for full time
- Rotating morning, afternoon, and night shifts
- Work autonomously and as part of a cohesive multi-disciplinary team
Skills & experience:
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC
- Mental Health scope and experience
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Positive, confident and resilient
- A keen eye for risk mitigation
- Strong focus on relationship-building
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do.
We value care and respect for others; integrity in all we do; and
taking responsibility for outcomes.
Here at the Canterbury DHB we believe that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. We are an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
- Fantastic benefits scheme
- Opportunity for flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing career development
- Employment terms in line with the nursing MECA
How to apply
Please submit your most recent resume along with a cover letter stating
your preferred location and if you re looking for full or part time employment.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
for additional information
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Registered Nurse|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|