Registered and Enrolled Nurses - Specialist Mental Health Pool
- Casual pool positions for RNs and ENs with mental health experience.
- Must be Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC and must have a mental health scope of practice.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a cohesive Multi-Disciplinary Team.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
On both the Specialist Mental Health Services' permanent and casual pools, we have need for Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses with mental health experience. Primarily based at Hillmorton Hospital, you will be providing cover across inpatient services; including acute adult admitting units, high/ complex needs services, intellectual disabilities, forensics, specialty services, Mothers and Babies, Eating Disorders, Alcohol and Drug, and child and youth services.
Pehea | About You
This position requires a background in mental health, working as either a Registered Nurse or an Enrolled Nurse, and the ability to work both autonomously, and alongside the mulitidisplinary teams you will be working with. The opportunity to cover in a variety of different settings across Specialist Mental Health Services, means:
- We are looking for Registered and Enrolled nurses with excellent communication and time management skills who can work effectively as part of the multidisciplinary team.
- As part of a progressive organisation that values honesty, respect and integrity for every individual, this multi-varied role presents you with the opportunity to work in dynamic and challenging health environments.
- You will need to be confident, resilient and have the ability to build strong and successful relationships, with the patients and their families/whanau as we have a strong emphasis of re-engagement into the community.
- We are interested in hearing from nurses who would be interested in casual work.
Mō mātou | About Us
Specialist Mental Health Services are an interdisciplinary team that forms part of the Canterbury District Health Board (CDHB). We are committed to working and partnering with tāngata whaiora and their whānau. Constantly striving to work within our philosophy; we develop therapeutic, supportive and empowering relationships with our consumers, enabling them to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Please submit your most recent resume along with a cover letter stating why you believe that you are the ideal candidate, highlighting your experience in working collectively with Māori to uphold the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
For a private and confidential chat about this role please contact Shannon Le Roux, Recruitment Partner on 027 839 5946 or Shannon.LeRoux@cdhb.health.nz
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against COVID-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against COVID-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract COVID-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of COVID-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Expertise:||Non-clinical - Health & Clinical Support Workers - Health & Clinical Support Workers|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|