New Graduate Midwives - Christchurch Women's Hospital
- One year Graduate Midwifery Programme with the Canterbury District Health Board.
- 0.8 FTE (32 hours per week) permanent rostered rotating shifts.
- Start dates negotiable
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you're part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Tima: What we do
We are seeking New Graduate Midwives to join us and work collegially within our skilled and friendly multi-disciplinary teams as we work in partnership with our local Lead Maternity Carer's to assess, plan, implement and evaluate health care for the mothers and babies of the Canterbury region. We are one of the largest tertiary units in New Zealand and supported by our primary units we provide women centered support and care for over 6000 births annually.
- Our New Graduate midwifery program offers you professional development opportunities and enables you to develop your midwifery skills within a supportive environment.
- You will rotate around all areas including birthing suite, women's outpatients and the antenatal/postnatal ward in our maternity services at Christchurch Women's Hospital. There may also be opportunities to gain experience within one of our outstanding women centered Primary Birthing Units at Ashburton, Rangiora or Lincoln.
- With our Trans-alpine agreement you could also have the opportunity to work with our West Coast District Health Board teams on the picturesque West Coast of the South Island.
The Mahi: Where you fit in
The South Island of New Zealand ' Exciting, artistic, thriving urban areas surrounded by national parks in a spectacular natural environment. An environment that supports and encourages a large variety of individual and family outdoor activities. Our Midwifery service is looking forward to mentoring, helping and supporting you as you begin this new chapter in your midwifery career.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a highly skilled and professional multi-disciplinary team that allows you to utilize your enthusiasm and passion for women's health within a supportive and professional environment.
- Join us and embrace evidence-based practice to provide safe, high quality midwifery care and celebrate the key role midwives have in partnership with women to promote maternal and infant health and well being
To learn more about us check out this video https://youtu.be/L6a_aYdR8BY
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care
for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and
going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
The Canterbury DHB believes
that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our
diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity
employer that welcome and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
The role that you are applying
for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated
against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that
you are vaccinated againstCovid-19. As a person working in the health and
disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people,
some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that
you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep
you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential
transmission ofCovid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your
are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
information about this role please contact Steph Keene, Recruitment Specialist
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
Clinical - Midwifery -
|Attachments:||No File Attached|