Clinical/Professional Psychology Internship
He Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
We are currently recruiting two individuals for Psychology internships within the Mental Health Services based in Tauranga.
Tasks you might be involved in during a psychology internship are:
- Conducting assessments of clients, including: interviews, collateral contacts, file reviews, consideration of psycho-social history, mental status examination, and risk to self/others.
- Developing sound psychological formulations, based on assessment,
- Developing and providing sound psychological interventions with clients.
- Participating in therapeutic group work.
These available positions are fixed term for 12 months. You may be appointed within Adult Mental Health, Child and Adolescent Mental Health or Mental Health Services for Older Persons.
He korero mōu - About You
To be successful in this role you will need to be enrolled in a Post-graduate Professional Psychology Programme, having completed all academic requirements for Internship.
Interested? We encourage you to apply today, stating in your cover letter which service you are interested in.
Mō Tātou – About Us
Situated in the sunny eastern coast of New Zealand's North Island, the Bay of Plenty really is just that, offering vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands and more. Its pleasant climate means that the area has become a favourite for holiday makers, retirees and those looking for a different lifestyle outside of the main cities.
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is spread across a vast geographical area and centred across two hospitals based in Tauranga and Whakatāne. We serve a population of approximately 259,000 for the major population centres of Tauranga, Katikati, Te Puke, Whakatāne, Kawerau and Ōpōtiki. Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is one of the Bay of Plenty's largest employers with over 4000 staff.
Ko o tatou painga – Our Benefits
- In-house professional development
- Flexible working practices (e.g. We support work life balance and flexible work arrangements whenever possible)
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Be a valued member of a multidisciplinary team
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
- Subsidised onsite hospital gym membership
- Free flu vaccinations
Ngā uarātanga ō ā mātou mahi – Our Values
At Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty we recruit for our Manaakitanga CARE values. Why do we do this? Because values-based teams deliver better care.
Our manaakitanga CARE values (Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence) support each of us to make a difference every day in the things we do and say. Therefore, it's important that when recruiting, we recruit new colleagues who live by our CARE values.
Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
You can view the position description below and to apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal.
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|